It serves as a living memorial to Solomon Mahlangu (1956-1979), a man of high principle and a Freedom Fighter, who was deeply committed to the revolutionary struggle for the people of his country.
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is responsible for main streaming and integrating youth development in all organs of the state, private sector as well as civil society.
The NYDA is calling South African young people who intend to study at registered Universities and Universities of Technology to apply for the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund for the 2017 academic year.
Objectives of the Fund
To provide financial support to youth in the form of scholarships to increase their chances of accessing quality higher education in their field of study
To increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education and employability
To establish the largest scholarship programme in the country, which will enable youth to study locally and abroad Empower the youth (14-35) with education to enable them to compete favourably in the labor market.
Contribute to the development of critical and scarce skills
- Objectives of the Fund
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student in the courses listed in the table above
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
- A copy of your Senior Certificate (if you have completed Grade 12).
- A copy of the latest academic transcript or record on an official letterhead or logo (if you are already at an Institution of Higher Education).
- A copy of your valid South African identity document.
- Copies of valid South African identity documents of your parents or guardians.
- Copies of Salary Slips of your parents/guardians or affidavit/s stating no income received.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 2017 academic year are open from 15 September 2016 until 15 January 2017.
IThemba Laboratory for accelerator based sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF. Based at two sites in the Western Cape and Gauteng, these facilities provide for:
- Basic and applied research using particle beams
- Particle radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer
- The supply of accelerator-produced radionuclides for medical and industrial applications
- Applicants must be on their second year level of study.
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of 60% pass in their first year.
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
Bursaries are available in the following disciplines:
- ND / BTech (Mechanical Engineering)
- ND / BTech (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical and electronic)
- BEng (Mechanical)
- BEng (Mechatronics)
- BSc (Computer Science)
The Bursary entails:
- Full Tuition
How to Apply:
- To apply for this bursary, download the application form on the following website: http://tlabs.ac.za/.
- Send a completed application form with supporting documents to: email@example.com for attention Ms S Dunge.
Closing Date: 30 November 2016
Are you an unemployed graduate holding SA citizenship, in possession of an undermentioned NQF level 7 qualification, are known for being a hard worker, motivated and disciplined?
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to announce its 12-month Graduate Internship Programme, where you will get the chance to gain valuable work experience – thereby getting you ready for the world of work. The Department is offering a stipend of R5 000 per month and upon completion of the Programme, you will receive a Certificate of Service. The Programme will run at different Provincial and District Offices throughout South Africa.
- Head Office (Hallmark) (30 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1)
- Eastern Cape (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1a)
- Free State (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1b)
- Gauteng (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1c)
- KwaZulu-Natal (23 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1d)
- Limpopo (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1e)
- Mpumalanga (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1f)
- Northern Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1g)
- North West (18 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1h)
- Western Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1i)
- A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Finance / Accounting or an equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Basic computer literacy
- Hard worker, motivated and disciplined
- A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
- Asset physical verification
- Perform general administrative and records management duties
- Account reconciliation
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Clear bank exceptions
- Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the Programme is based
- The roles will require some physica l duties, ie carrying boxes off shelves, moving boxes to other offi ces, spending long hours standing.
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will NOT be considered
- Applications must be made on a fully completed, signed and dated form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or Government website, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certifi ed copies of all qualifications, Identification Document and a certifi ed copy of a driver’s licence where in possession of such
- As part of our vetting process, all candidates will be subjected to the following checks: * Credit clearance * Criminal check * Qualification verifi cation * Reference check (verbal) * Citizenship check.
How to Apply
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to the relevant Department of Home Affairs Office as indicated below:
- Free State Province: Postal Address: PO Box 12262, Brandhof 9324; Physical Address: 40 Victoria Road, Willows, Bloemfontein 9301
- Gauteng Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X108, Braamfontein 2017; Physical Address: 3rd Floor, Mineralia Building, cnr De Beer and De Korte Streets, Braamfontein 2017
- Head Office: Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001, Physical Address: 232 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) Street, Pretoria 0002
- KwaZulu-Natal Province: Postal Address: PO Box 09, Scottsville 3209; Physical address: 181 Church Street, Pietermaritzburg 3200
- Limpopo Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X9517, Polokwane 0700; Physical Address: 89 Biccard Street, Polokwane 0699
- Mpumalanga Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X11264, Nelspruit 1200; Physical Address: 29 Bester Street, Nelspruit 1200
- North West Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X 119, Mmabatho 2735; Physical Address: Cnr Sheppard and Carrington Streets, Mafi keng 2745
- Northern Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X6073, Kimberley 8300; Physical Address: 2nd Floor, Absa CBD Building, 69 Du Toit Span Road, Kimberley 8300
- Western Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X9103, Cape Town 8000; Physical Address: 4th Floor, Faircape Building, 56 Barrack Street, Cape Town 8001
- Eastern Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag 7413, King William’s Town 5600; Physical Address: 11 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town 5600 Enquiries: Mr JS Modipa, tel. (012) 406-4243 or Ms Iris Dibakwane, tel. (012) 406-4195
Closing Date: 25 November 2016
The Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development will make available a limited number of bursaries to historically disadvantaged South Africans residing in the Gauteng Province and who are considering a career in the Agriculture, Veterinary Services and Environmental Sectors. These professions fall within scarce and critical occupational categories.
• BSc: Geo-Informatics or GIS-related qualification – Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
• BSc: Agric Soil Science – Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
• BSc: Atmospheric Sciences or related qualification – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
• National Diploma: Chemical Engineering – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
• National Diploma: Equine Science – Mathematics, Life Science and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
• National Diploma: Veterinary Technology – Mathematics and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
Within the framework of the Scarce Skills Talent Pipeline and Human Resource Recruitment Policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria:
• Applicants must show proof of admission (provisional admission) to a higher educational institution for any of the above qualifications
• Applicants must have been a permanent resident in the Gauteng Province for at least one year prior to application
• Applicants must be studying or intending to study full time at a recognised institution of higher learning in Gauteng Province
• Preference will be given to those who excel academically and/or demonstrate potential
• Preference will be given to those who are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme
• Women, people with disabilities and people living in designated rural areas are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Closing date is on 28 November 2016.
Application forms are obtainable from the reception area of Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ground Floor, Diamond Building, 11 Diagonal Street or click here to download the form.
Applicants are required to forward their applications directly via post to: Human Resources Development, Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, PO Box 8769, Johannesburg 2000 or hand delivery to the above-mentioned address.
For further enquiries, please contact Mr Riaan Beukes at (011) 240-2607 or Mr Livhuwani Mutswana at (011) 240-2590.
Closing Date: 18 November 2o16
Location: 4 Kyalami Boulevard, Kyalami
Successful candidates can expect:
- Networking opportunities through various planned events and activities to provide exposure to other facets of the Company
- On the job coaching opportunities
- Partnerships with other departments within the Company to gain a greater understanding of various roles in the business
Candidates can select one opportunity that best aligns with their strengths. Roles will vary according to business priorities and capability gaps.
Brand Graduate (x2 roles)
- Core function – Marketing
- Will gain exposure to Sales, Education, PR, Visual and touch points with Finance, Supply Chain, Online, Digital and CRM.
- Desired Major – Marketing
- Job Code: BrandGrad
HR Graduate (x1 role)
- Core function – Retail HR
- Will gain exposure to Learning, Recruitment, Industrial Relations
- Desired Major – HR Business Economics, Psychology/Social Sciences/ Commerce
- Job Code: HRGrad
- Strength in your chosen functional area
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proactiveness
- Strong functional knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for luxury goods and the beauty industry
- Degree – must have completed by December 2016 with strong academic results
- Honours Degree – completed or in progress