Get a head start by participating in the PSG bursary programme. PSG is offering a bursary towards completing your honours in your respective field of study. The programme offers financial support and an internship opportunity upon completion of your studies.
PSG is a leading independent financial services group, with an extensive national footprint. The company offers a value-orientated approach to their clients’ financial needs, from asset and wealth management to insurance.
What is in it for me?
• Financial assistance regarding your Honours programme (Tuition, textbooks etc)
• Entry to the Graduate programme the following year.
• Continuous coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training
• Work exposure within the financial services industry
• Be South African Citizens
• Degree in any of the related disciplines with a keen interest in the Corporate environment:
• Electrical and Computer engineering
• Electromechanical engineering
• Industrial engineering
• Mechatronics engineering
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Computer Science
• An average of 70% and above
• Ambitious & looking to advance in their career within the financial services industry
• Energetic with a solution oriented attitude
• Good at working in a team
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Attention to detail
How to apply
Closing date is 09 November 2016. PSG is looking for hard working and talented candidates. If you meet with the minimum requirements, submit your CV, along with a certified copy of your ID and academic transcripts to Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply online
Sappi seeks to place a suitability qualified Artisan Assistant to safely perform less complex maintenance tasks and should assist Artisans with complex maintenance tasks, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness. This positions is based at the Ngodwana Mill in Nelspruit.
Sappi is an integrated forest products company meeting the needs of domestic as well as international customers through a wide range of products
- Grade 12 or relevant NQF4 qualification with Maths and Science
- No Experience Required
- Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation experience will be advantageous
- Artisan Assistant is involved in the maintenance, repair and overhauling of equipment concerning Air-con, Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation workshop services
- Obtain License as “Authorized work man” as per Sappi Lock out Procedure and assist production personnel with isolation process where required
- Comply with legislation – (Safe handling of refrigerant and disposal of fluorescent tubes. Identifying, sorting and disposal of waste in correct waste streams.)
- Correct selection and use of tools for the job and maintenance there off.
- Obtain Licences for various mobile equipment as found on Ngodwana Mill site
- Assist Artisans with breakdowns and opportunity maintenance and perform tasks as per competency level.
- Move and transport of equipment in workplace
Key Skills and Competencies
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Planning and Organising
- Safety conscious
How to apply
Applications close on 11 November 2016. Click here to apply online
Interested in a global engineering career with the largest steel manufacturer in the world?
ArcelorMittal South Africa, Vanderbijlpark Works invites applications for 12 foundry moulder and foundry melter apprenticeship opportunities. This programme is designed to enable learners to develop and apply learned industrial standards to increase productivity, efficiency and quality.
ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading steel and mining company with 115 million tonnes of annual production capacity and 222.000 employees across 60 countries, The company is the leader in all major global steel manufacturing; including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with leading research and development and technology, as well as sizable captive supplies of raw material and distribution network.
• Grade 12 / N3 qualification with, English, Physical Science or Engineering Science, a technical subject for example Technical
Drawings or Engineering Drawing and Graphics, all 3 subjects passed with a minimum of 50%
• Grade 12 / N3 qualification with Pure Mathematics passed with 45%
How to apply
Closing date is 07 November 2016. Click here to apply online
Sibanye Gold is offering a limited number of positions to local community and labour sending areas for a full time study and learnership opportunity in line with Sibanye’s business needs. Successful candidates will studyMining Engineering at the University of Johannesburg in 2017.
Beneficiaries of the Learner Official Mining Career opportunity will receive a full employment package with the company benefits aligned with the Sibanye Learner Official Scheme. All tuition fees and books will be provided for by Sibanye.
Sibanye is a major holder of both gold and platinum reserves and is the leading producer of gold in South Africa. The company is primarily involved in underground and surface mining and related activities, including extraction and processing. Sibanye owns Beatrix, Bursnstone, Cooke, Driefontein and Kloof gold mines, while Sibanye Platinum includes the Kroondal mine in Rustenburg and is a listed company on both JSE and NYSE. The company is committed to implementing the Social Labour plans currently in place and to building and empowering people and communities.
Operations: Sibanye Academy (Kloof, Driefontein & Beatrix)
The appointee should:
• Have a Grade 12 Matric Certificate with University Acceptance (Mid-year results will be provisionally considered if currently studying).
• Have the minimum University Acceptance APS of 23
• Achieved a minimum of at least: English 5(60 %+), Mathematics 5(60 %+) and Physical Science 5(60 %+).
• Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Centre
• Distinctions in Mathematics and Physical Science
Preference will be given to applicants from the local communities and labour sending areas who meet the institution’s registration requirement
For more information and Submission of applications contact Fulufhelo Mashovha on 011 752 1145
How to apply
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.