Job Purpose To support managers and their teams by providing administrative support,
secretarial functions, procurement, travel management, resource schedule
management, meeting and workshop coordination and related activities.
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities Coordinate the diaries of a small group of managers
- Coordinate the diaries of the managers in the team, set up meetings or accept meetings requested byothers as agreed with them.
- Track and monitor the acceptances and declines obtained from the relevant parties that have been
- invited to meetings requested by managers in the team. Resolve diary conflicts. Advise managers if
- meetings are clashing or if certain participants are unable to attend.
- Print and distribute meeting packs or supporting documents on request.
- Arrange teleconferences and video conference sessions; liaise with support teams in technology tosecure dial in pins or video links. Distribute the information to meeting participants.
Provide administrative support to the manager and the team
- Arrange venues and catering for team or client meetings when requested by managers.
- Arrange the logistics for meeting venues for example room bookings, transfers to and from venues,
- parking, access, equipment rentals, proximas and printing materials.
- Manage invitations to team meetings.
- Maintain departmental filing.
- Distribute general communication across business unit when required.
- Maintain a contact database for the team including emergency contact details.
- Participate in the onboarding of new employees by arranging their first day logistics including a meet and greet on first day, access cards, parking etc.
- Log requests on the IT system for hardware and software for new and existing employees. Equipmentand software could include laptops, desktops, telephones, new telephone numbers, desks, chairs,remote access tokens, cellphones, 3G cards and department specific system access and software.
- Follow up with internal providers to ensure that the requests are being actioned timeously.
- Keep leave plans for managers and the broader team and provide to manager on request.
- Participate in the exit process of employees who are leaving the bank by collecting their laptops and
- other equipment, all bank issued credit cards and access cards.
- Act as Health and safety officer for team on request. Ensure that the team working space is in good working order, well equipped and properly cleaned.
- Log issues with the facilities management team when improvements or repairs are needed.
- During office relocations, liaise with the relocation teams, participate in the allocation of seating and ensure that the requirements of the teams are met during the planning and execution of the moves.
Maintain a small stock of office supplies
- Monitor the level of paper and toner in the printers in the department and proactively order replacements
- to ensure no downtime.
- Maintain a small supply of the stationery items that are regularly used in the department by logging the
- purchase orders and obtaining approval from a cost centre manager. Monitor stock at least on a weekly
- basis and reorder items proactively.
Contribute to the governance of the deparment
- • On request from managers or team members, create shopping carts for purchasing activities. Receive
- and submit invoices for processing after obtaining approvals from the right mandate holders.
- On a monthly basis, obtain the cost centre report from Finance. Briefly review and provide information to
- managers in the team if there are transactions that may be misposted. Review telephone and cellphone expenses for the department on a monthly basis and highlight any high usage to the manager for action.
- When requested, maintain a gift register for the department.
- Help new employees to understand how to complete their compliance training and help them to registerfor the training if need be.
- Perform any other adminstrative governance function assigned by the compliance department ormanagers in the team.
Complete travel arrangements for members of the team
- Liaise with bank approved travel agencies to obtain quotes and options for travel arrangements.
- Present the options to the person who is travelling and the travel approver prior to confirming the bookings. Travel arrangements could be for domestic, regional or international trips. Log the travel requests and obtain formal approvals.
- Adhere to the Standard Bank Group travel policy in relation to class of travel, hotel accommodation anduse of tranfers.
- Provide travellers with the bank’s emergency procedures during business trips as well as the bookingconfirmations, vouchers and destination contact numbers.
- Provide the travellers with detailed itineraries of their trips.
Preferred Qualification and Experience Completed secondary school qualification
Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial
Office Administration 3-4 Years
Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise Diary Management
Business Administration Skills
Applications: Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply