The Khwezela Colliery in Mpumalanaga, owned by Anglo American – one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering learnership opportunities in the following disciplines:
- 3x Electrician
- 3x Fitter
- 2x Diesel Mechanic
- 1x Auto Electrician
- 1x Learner Miner
- A high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent with Maths (not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) and Physical Science OR
- Minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e.:
- Electrician: N3 Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory
- Fitter: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Theory.
- Diesel Mechanic: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel Mechanic Theory
- Auto Electrician: Engineering Science, Mathematicise, Industrial Electronics; Auto Electrical Trade Theory.
- Learner Miner: Three years’ work at an opencast Blasting Section; Blasting Assistant Skills Programme; Competent person A Skills Programme.
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and, prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Exposure in the Engineering Sector of Mining will be advantageous.
- Certified copies of qualifications not 90 days older, driver’s license and ID Document must be attached to all applications.Please indicate which trade you are applying for.
- Subjects with F symbols will not be accepted.
- No Criminal Record
- Be able to obtain Police Clearance in compliance with Explosives Act 15 of 2003 as amended
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
How to apply
Closing date is 15 December 2017. Click here to apply online