We believe that if you’re an aspiring manager you can learn to be a great leader. This foundation course provides you with key insights, tips and skills to better manage, perform, motivate and ultimately become a successful leader.
During this introductory 4-week course, you will learn why management matters, and how successful leaders build high performing teams. Ultimately, leaders develop others to make a significant contribution to their work. If you are looking to increase your skills around management and leadership, and if you believe you have what it takes to lead, then register now to start this evolution.
Perhaps the greatest difference between a leader and manager is their ability to explain why they work the way they do. In lesson 3, you will explore how leaders explain why they do what they do. You will learn how strategic alignment holds the key to helping managers create a winning culture.
Some managers struggle with how work is constantly changing. We look at the millennial generation and provide insights to help you lead in a global, social, diverse, and multi-cultural environment. You will learn to appreciate how the changing nature of work demands new leadership and transformational roles. Roles that you, as aspiring managers and leaders, can fill.
How to Register
Why should I take a short course?
Let’s take a closer look to what they have to offer and why you should enroll in such short skills programmes:
- You are interested in a field of study, other than the one you learn of at university. The high advantage of short courses is that they can be from technically any field, regardless of what you study right now. You can consider your chosen short course as an aid to specialize further or see your study from a different perspective or you can take an intensive look to a different field you see as a hobby and you are fond of. Either way, short courses involve freedom! Register for a free short course
- You may be short on time and money. This means you may be just fit for short courses. They are highly practical, so you can specialize in your field of interest, without a significant investment. Learning the new field will last less and require less money than a Bachelor’s or Master’s university programme.
- You work in an interdisciplinary field. You may have studied a certain field, but now the company you work in is specialized in a field where many disciplines are interrelated. This is highly possible nowadays. Let’s take, for example, an engineering company with its marketing department. Once you take a short course in marketing, you will feel more competent in your department. Register for a free short course
- You want a new element in your CV. The short course is an extra academic activity which will find its place in your CV and will enrich your experience. This is very useful especially if you are looking for a job or better opportunities.
- You can enjoy your free time. Although generally courses may not sound like activities for your free time, they usually include tours, outdoor workshops especially for summer courses and others. However, this is a productive way of spending a part of your vacation in the city where you study abroad. Register for a free short course
The laboratory strives to deliver accurate, reliable results with an acceptable turnaround time, combined with the consultative input of pathologists, thus promoting enhanced patient care and client satisfaction.
Student Laboratory Assistant Requirement
- Grade 12 with at least 40% in mathematical literacy. Life and/or physical science will be an advantage.
Laboratory Assistant Requirement
- Registered with HPCSA as Laboratory Assistant
- Must be a hard, dedicated worker
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner
- Motivated to handle tasks alone
- Computer literate and good typing skills (30 wpm)
- Good bilingual skills (Afrikaans & English)
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Good working ethics, reliable and dedicated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be available to work overtime, weekend, public holidays and night shift according to the needs of the company
- A good understanding of business and telephone etiquette and how to act professionally at all times in the workplace
How to apply
Closing Date: 10 July 2017
Unitrans Supply Chain Solutions (Pty) Ltd are currently looking for Graduates to join our dynamic team and partake in the award winning Unitrans Graduate Development Programme. The duration of the Programme is 18 months. Please include in your application your results of your final year, your ID and Passport, CV as well as a reference letter from the University (3mb file size).
- Agricultural Engineering degree or similar
- Average grade of 65% and higher for final year results
- Valid Passport
- Willing to travel extensively throughout RSA and Africa
- Agricultural Engineering in western Cape
- Supply Chain Management in Gauteng
- Minig Engineering in KZN
- Industrial Engineering in Gauteng
How To Apply
Location: Cape Town
PSG is a leading financial services provider in South Africa and is committed to contribute towards the growth, development and empowerment of youth in the country.
Our PSG Graduate programme aims to create a pipeline of young talent within the financial services industry. The programme offers graduates an opportunity to gain on-the-job practical workplace experience while providing on-going support and training.
What is in it for me?
- A 12 month graduate opportunity
- Continuous coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training
- Work experience within the financial services industry
How To Apply
|2018 Engineering Grad / Intern
|Commerce Grad / Intern
|Math/Stats Grad / Intern
|Science Grad / Intern
|IT Grad / Intern
Closing Date: 30 November 2017