Admin Officer University of Pretoria
The incumbent’s key responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of electronic and manual information management systems;
- Undertaking general clerical and administrative tasks to support the maintenance of information as may be required;
- Ordering and maintaining proper inventory of office supplies and assets;
- Handling enquiries from the MCFSP Manager, MCFSP staff, Faculties, MCFSP Scholars and other role players in a timely manner;
- Making all necessary arrangements for the successful execution of events and meetings held internally and externally;
- Co-ordinating travel arrangements for MCFSP staff and scholars as necessary;
- Providing financial management support to the Finance Officer.
- An NQF level 6 Diploma in office administration such as financial administration or office management;
- At least three years’ work experience related to the specified duties and responsibilities;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, advanced MS Excel, working in online/cloud environments);
- PeopleSoft knowledge and experience in Finance and Asset Management system;
- Prior experience in working with tertiary students;
- Experience in event co-ordination and project/financial management;
- Valid driver’s licence.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- A passion for education, creative problem solving, and empathy towards young people;
- Emotional intelligence and client relationship management awareness;
- Knowledge of information management processes;
- Ability to work independently but also function effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Adaptability and decisiveness;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A relevant degree;
- Additional certificates related to the core functions of the post e,g. project management;
- Two years’ experience working in a higher education environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 2 November 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Dr O.O Shyllon, Tel: (012) 420 2681
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
Personal Assistant Metropolitan
Provide an effective and efficient administrative, secretarial and operational assistant function to support the manager and department.
2-5 year’s secretarial experience
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
Support diary management activities in order to effectively schedule appointments
Arrange detailed travel arrangements and compile all the relevant documentation for travel-related meetings
Pro-actively screen incoming calls, correspondence and respond independently where possible
Co-ordinate all the components (logistics, catering etc.) of events, meetings and functions within budget and specifications
Provide secretarial support (agenda, minutes, action plans etc.) for the preparation and successful execution of meetings
Support the flow of information within the manager’s office, ensuring that matters requiring their personal attention are handled speedily
Escalate faults and other housekeeping issues with the relevant service provider and ensure queries are resolved within the given timeframes
Order and control office supplies
Accurately escalate client complaints and queries to the relevant department
Ensure files are kept in order and easily accessible
Collate, compile and distribute documents to the required standards within defined time-frames
Attend to ad hoc personal matters
Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
Positively influence and participate in change initiatives
Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge
Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas
Take ownership for driving career development
Control and check expense claims for authorisation
Prepare and check invoices and arrange for payments
Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect
Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
Drive for Results
Leads Change and Innovation
Impact and Influence
Self-Awareness and Insight
Diversity and Inclusiveness
Only on-line applications submitted via our careers page will be considered.
Internal Team Members must inform their manager of their application. Your manager must be aware of and support your application.
For further information please contact Natasha Goliath who is the Provincial Head – Cape Free State – dealing with this position on 021 917 3122.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.mmiholdings.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
1 November 2018
firstname.lastname@example.org (The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.
More admin Vacancies, Click Here
Admin Officer IEMAS Centurion Job Purpose: To provide effective administrative support to the collections department.
Admin Officer IEMAS Centurion
To provide effective administrative support to the collections department.
Day-to-day handling of queries
Issueing of border letters
Issue settlement letters and statements
Preparing and Uploading refunds
Daily payment allocations and processing of journals
Maintain internal and external relationships
General collections administrative duties
Grade 12 with Mathematics
Credit management or finance qualification would be an advantage
2 years administrative experience in debt collection and financial services environment
Knowledge and Skills:
Sound knowledge of NCA and relevant legislation
How to Apply
Send Applications Online, Click Here
More Admin Vacancies, Click Here
Mpumalanga Public Works Vacancies 150 Positions The Department of Roads and Transport has hundred and fifty (150) The Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport has hundred and fifty opportunities for Candidacy Programme
Mpumalanga Public Works Vacancies 150 Positions
Closing Date: 09 November 2018
STIPEND OF R6500.00 PER MONTH
The Department of Roads and Transport has hundred and fifty (150) The Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport has hundred and fifty opportunities for Candidacy Programme in BSC / BEng / ND / BTech: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering for the 2018/19 to 2021 / 22 financial year. Interested unemployed persons are invited to apply for the above mentioned opportunities.
- The applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old, and unemployed
- BSc / BEng / ND / BTech: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- All assigned and dated applications should be submitted on Form 283 obtainable at any government department or at www.dpsa.gov.za/ documents.
- Applications must be accompanied by a brief CV, certified coples of qualification(s) and ID.
Participants will undergo an interview and successful participants will be informed accordingly
Participants will undergo practical training for three (3) years upon signing of a three (3) year contract.
The Department of Public Works Roads and Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Applications must be forwarded to: Head: Public Works, Roads & Transport
Private Bag x11302
NB: No faxed or emailed applications will be considered.
Applications addressed as above can also be hand-delivered at:
- Head Office
RHINO Building, Second floor, Government Boulevard, Mbombela 1200, Mpumalanga Province Enquiries: Ms BM Marule 013-766-8220, Mr DL Mabuye 013-766-6924
- Nkangala District
No. 7 & 8 KwaMhlanga, Government Complex, 1022, Mpumalanga Province Enquiries: Ms MG Mabena 013-947-2666
- Gert Sibande District
Corner Robertson & Joubert, Bathu- Pele Building, Ermelo 2350, Mpumalanga Province. Enquiries: Mr SFD Maseko 017-801-4000
- Bohlabela District
Thulamahashe Main Road, next to Government Garage and Graveyard, Thularahashe 1365, Mpumalanga Province. Enquiries: Mr SW Molamudi 013-773-0332/0639
- Ehlanzeni District
14 Bester Street, Mbombela, Mpumalanga Province Enquiries: Mr MG Mashile 013-762-6067
Note: Communication will be restricted to the shortlisted candidates only.
Should you not hear from us within 60 days from advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.
Royal Bafokeng Platinum Learnership Programme Learnerships: Electricians; Boilermakers, Diesel Mechanics, Fitters, Auto Electricians, Rigger, Instrumentation
Royal Bafokeng Platinum Learnership Programme
Closing Date: 02 November 2018
REF: B / ENG / 241
Learnerships: Electricians; Boilermakers, Diesel Mechanics, Fitters, Auto Electricians, Rigger, Instrumentation
Education and Experience:
- NCV 4 with at least 40% mathematics (Not Mathematics literacy) and all other relevant subjects is essential
- Or Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with at least 40% in English. Mathematics and Physical Science and at least two N2 Subjects relevant to the trade is essential .
- Or N2 certificate with four subjects relevant to the trade is essential
- Previous experience as an artisan assistant would be considered an advantage
- To be trained towards an Artisan/Learnership qualification
Physical / Legal Requirements:
- Fit for Duty / Certificate of Fitness
- Physical capacity test
- All mechanic learners will be required to pass Dover test
Royal Bafokeng Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Company’s Employment Equity Policy. Incomplete CVs and/or applications will not be considered. If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days of the closing of the advert please consider your application unsuccessful.
The CV unsuccessful applications shall not be returned unless on request by the applicant.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may forward their applications to the Recruitment Department by email to email: email@example.com or deliver applications to Recruitment Departments