The Provincial Department of Human Settlements offers unemployed graduates residing in the Province of KwaZulu-Natal, an opportunity to apply for an Internship Programme in order to gain work related experience. The Internship Programme will run for a period of 12 months.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Graduate in ﬁelds specified below;
- Must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years old
- must have no work experience
- Must not have participated in an internship before
- National Diploma / Degree in Human Resources Management / Development
- National Diploma / Degree in Information Technology
- National Diploma / Degree in Finance / Degree in Financial Management / Accounting
- National Diploma / Degree in Supply Chain Management / Demand Management
- National Diploma / Degree in Journalism / Marketing / Communications
- National Diploma / Degree in Law (LLB)
- National Diploma / Degree in Public Administration / Management
- National Diploma / Degree in Business Management / Administration / Local Economic Development
- National Diploma / Degree in Office Management
When responding to the advertisement all applications must be accompanied
by the following documentation:-
- A one page covering letter motivating why you should be chosen to gain work experience in the Provincial Department of Human Settlements, KwaZulu-Natal
- Certified copy of your ID,
- Certified copies of all qualifications (degrees / diplomas);
- Curriculum vitae,
- Proof of residence in KwaZulu Natal
- All application must be submitted on the prescribed Department of Human Settlements
How To Apply
Download Application Forms
Interested applicants must forward their applications by post complying with all requirements set herein to: The Acting Head, Department of Human Settlements KwaZulu-Natal, Private Bag X 54367, Durban, 4000 for attention
Mrs V. Reddy.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
All enquiries should be directed to:
- Ms. M Phama 031-336 5195
- Ms Bhengu 031-336 5380
- Ms MC Hlengwa 031 336 5280
- Mrs C. Govender 031 336 5173
Closing Date: 15 December 2017
There is no exception, Game is also offering the #BlackFriday Deals. You can expect to get good deals here from your grocery, electronics to outdoor items.
For you to get the best deals at Game you have to stay on top of the Game, subscribe for Game newsletter to get notified of the Black Friday deals.
See also other stores offering Black Friday deals
A bit about our past
The first GAME store opened in Durban, South Africa, in 1970. It was born out of the belief by its founders that shopping had become a tedious and boring pastime. They wanted to create a fun shopping environment and so conceptualized retailing as a game. The signature shocking pink has still prevailed to this day.
We operate out of 110 stores in 12 African countries.
Game offer peace of mind
At Game, we put our customers first with our three guarantees:
- Game beat any price!
We will not be undersold! – If you’ve purchased any item from Game and, within 21 days, find the identical product at a competitor for less, tell us and we will refund MORE than the difference.
If you intend purchasing from Game and find the identical item at a competitor for less at the same time, tell us and we will BEAT that price.
- The Price Beat does not apply to new store openings, store relaunches, display, aged, discontinued or damaged stock.
- The Price Beat does not apply to one day only sales such as Black Friday.
- The competitor in question must be in-stock of that identical item.
- The competitor must be a legitimate South African retailer, and the price beat must include the cost of delivery.
- The price beat does not apply to foreign stores, including foreign online stores.
- The items up for comparison must be the identical item, brand, barcode, volume/weight.
- The warranty/guarantee period must be identical to that of the competitor product.
- The retailer deemed to be a competitor needs to be a valid VAT registered retailer – accredited by our suppliers as a reseller of their goods and brands that are in question.
Are you currently unemployed? Are you seeking a Learnership opportunity to develop your potential and create a bright future at an industry leading insurer? Are you a dynamic, self-starter who is passionate about providing excellent service to our clients? This is the opportunity for you! An exciting learnership opportunity has opened up at Momentum for young people who have completed a Grade 12 qualification.
Momentum invites applications for a Service Consultant Learnership available in Corporate & Public Sector Segment, commencing 1 February 2018. The opportunity is based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
So what is a Learnership?
A Learnership provides an opportunity for you to gain theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the workplace. Although completion of the Learnership does not guarantee full time employment, it allows invaluable experience for you to kick-start your career.
What is the role of a Service Consultant in the business?
A Service Consultant ensures that our clients recieve the best possible client experience by addressing their queries with enthusiasm and accountability.
Should you be successful, you will be employed for a period of 12 months, with a monthly stipend/allowance of R3500.00. The highlight of the learnership is the opportunity to complete a qualification in Long Term Insurance.
- Matric or Grade 12
- Minimum C-symbol in English
- Minimum symbol in one of the following: (D – Mathematics; D – Accounting; C – Maths Literacy)
- Be younger than 25 years of age
How to apply
Applications close on 20 November 2017. Click here to apply online
The interns also participated in a variety of local productions, including Idols SA, Isibaya, Carte Blanche, Binnelanders, Getroud Met Rugby and Igazi, as well as worked on Happiness is a Four-Letter Word, a successful original South African movie.
Magic in Motion Academy CSI Internship Programme
What is the criteria for interns to be selected to be part of the M-Net Magic in Motion Academy?
Our partnerships with South Africa’s top producers and production companies enables students to gain in-depth and wide-ranging experience of the industry.
This internship means our academy graduates are more likely to find positions within South African production companies, or become independent entrepreneurs after successfully completing the 12-month course.
In this way M-Net’s Magic in Motion Academy acts as a springboard from tertiary institutions and film schools into the profession.
Entry criteria to the Magic in Motion Academy is:
- Must have completed (in 2016) or are completing (in 2017), a 3-year diploma/degree in a film, TV or a related field.
- Must have obtained or obtain a minimum C-aggregate pass.
- All applicant information will be subject to credit, criminal and verification checks.
- M-Net’s selection decision for the Magic in Motion Academy Class of 2018 is final.
- M-Net shall not be responsible for any electronic failure that results in an entry not being received for consideration.
- M-Net is not liable for the costs any applicant incurs during the process of their entry (example: airtime usage or payment at Wi-Fi café).
- Applicants must ensure that all information included in their entry is valid and true.
- M-Net has the right to expand, limit, downscale and/or terminate the Magic in Motion Academy at its sole discretion.
- Entry is limited to those who meet the stated entry criteria.
- 2017 Magic in Motion Academy interns are prohibited from being selected again.
- There is no guarantee of employment at the end of the internship.
- Internships are only available in Gauteng, South Africa and to South African citizens.
- M-Net reserves the right to terminate any internship at any time.
By training employable contributors to the economy, our CSI initiative helps reduce the high youth unemployment rate in the country.
iThemba Laboratory for accelerator based sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF.
NRF: iThemba LABS Bursary Opportunity 2017 / 2018
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms and programmes to the broader community in all fields of science and technology, including natural science, engineering, social science and humanities.
iThemba Laboratory for accelerator based sciences is a group of multidisciplinary research laboratories administered by the NRF. Based at two sites in the Western Cape and Gauteng, these facilities provide for:
- Basic and applied research using particle beams
- Particle radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer
- The supply of accelerator-produced radionuclides for medical and industrial applications
- Applicants must be on their second year level of study.
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of 60% pass in their first year.
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
Bursaries are available in the following disciplines:
- ND / BTech (Mechanical Engineering)
- ND / BTech (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical and electronic)
- BEng (Mechanical)
- BEng (Mechatronics)
- BSc (Computer Science)
Send a completed application form with supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org for attention Ms S Dunge.
Closing date: 31 December 2017