The Department of Trade and Industry invites graduates to apply for internship opportunities for a period of 12 months commencing 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
DTI Internship Opportunities 2018/2019
Interns will receive a monthly stipend of R6 000.00 in accordance with their highest qualification at the time of appointment.
Through the Internship Programme, the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) is committed to providing opportunities for qualifying candidates to gain skills, knowledge and experience, whilst at the same time, positioning themselves for active and meaningful participation in the labour market.
Aspiring Public Servants who share the vision of the dti of a dynamic industrial, globally competitive South African economy, characterised by inclusive growth and development, decent employment and equity and who value intellectual and operational excellence, as well as quality relationships, are encouraged to apply for this exciting programme.
Applications are invited from unemployed South African citizens aged between 18 and 35 years, who have completed a 3-year National Diploma / Degree or an equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification in any of the fields of study listed below:
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Developmental Economics
- Computer Science
- Development Studies
- Software Development
- Agricultural Economics
- Office Administration / Management
- International Relations / Trade
- Project Management
- Law / LLB
- Quantity Surveyor / Building Science
- Internal Audit / Auditing
- Mining Equipment
- Human Resources Development
- Financial Accounting / Management
- Human Resources Management
- Management Accounting
- Industrial Psychology / Social Work
- Demand Acquisition Management Communications
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- Business Administration / Management
- Public Administration / Management
- Public Relations
How to Apply
Applications must either be submitted online, delivered to the dti campus or via the post.
Applications must be made on a signed Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service department (online application has Z83 built in and does not require a separate Z83 to be completed) and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualification (including Matric Certificate), academic record and Identity Document (scanned copies must be uploaded and attached to online applications).
Failure to provide required documents will disqualify applicants.
No late applications will be considered
With the exception of a few positions in the dti’s regional offices, the majority of the internship opportunities are based in Pretoria
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have international qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
All qualifications will be subjected to verification
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only
Closing Date 04 December 2017
Applications can be submitted:
Online at the Careers link on the dti website:
By post to the Registry Office, The Department of Trade and Industry, Private Bag x84, Pretoria, 0001 Hand-delivered to the dti Campus, corner of Meintjies and Robert Sobukwe Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria.
HOW TO APPLY
The purpose of this position is to apply a general understanding of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects and performs routine aspects of engineering assignments, applying basic engineering principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state / province, and federal / national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Engineer-in-Training achievement status accomplished
- availability and cost of materials
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
All candidates must ensure their applications are inclusive of the following documents:
- Updated Resume
- Full University Academic Report (including degree aggregate)
- Matric Certificate
Applications that do not include the above-mentioned documents will not be considered.
How To Apply
|Graduate Control Systems Engineer
|Graduate Process Engineer
|Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Sarago will give you twelve weeks of free training that will guarantee you employment, provide you with a certificate confirming your training in the call centre industry, provide you with a training manual and develop you personally and professionally.
Sarago is a company based on dedication, commitment, passion, innovation and service excellence. We have exceptionally talented individual players, but we perform best as a team.
We have state of the art training facilities in central Durban that are fully equipped. All our lecturers are qualified and we have assisted plenty of students gain employment thus far.
Sarago Training – Our Vision Statement
Sarago Training strives to become the Services Seta accredited training provider of choice, embracing the sharing of skills to uplift and empower every individual trained.
With a foundation of integrity in the field of learning and development, Sarago Training’s vibrant team of professional skilled experts share a passion for training excellence
As a Registered Training Organisation, with accreditation to deliver certification in a range of disciplines, we are able to provide a variety of career and training options to suit individual job seekers and employers alike.
One of our core businesses is to provide first-class training and coaching solutions to organisations where customer contact is a valued asset and where real business value can be delivered and sustained through our innovative performance improvement techniques.
Other Free Trainings Opportunities
Free Online Courses
Our specialisation in behavioural modification techniques and in the psychology of human development has enabled us to deliver the most high-impact accredited and customised training programs and workshops available in South Africa today. We have also recently applied the same methods to bring to the public professional and personal development programs and workshops, which allow more individuals the opportunity to extend their capabilities and achieve their amazing potential.
With our proven candidate selection and placement methodologies, we are also able to provide a total career management and training solution to employers looking for high quality and consistent results. These solutions provide an ideal environment for supporting new job seekers entry in a successful career path.
We would welcome the opportunity to work with you at a personal, professional, or organisational level, to help you, your staff and your business achieve amazing results through the maximising of your investment in your human resources.
How to contact Sarago
21 Fields Street, Durban
Date: 11 November 2017
The National Department of Rural Development and Land Reform invites applications for internship opportunities that currently exist at the National Ofﬁce in Pretoria. Unemployed applicants between 18 and 35 years of age who have never participated in an internship programme in any Government department are invited to apply.
|Legal Services / Land Tenure
Location: National Office (DRDLR 201 / NO)
|Built Environment / Construction
Location: Eastern Cape (DRDLR 202 / EC)
|Rural Business and Enterprise Development / Management / Project Implementation / Agri-Business
Location: National Office (DRDLR 203 / NO)
|Geographical Information System, Geo-Information
|Animal / Plant Production, Agricultural Economics
Location: National Office (DRDLR: 205 / NO)
|Town and Regional Planning
|Communicty Development / Business Studies / Public Management
Location: National Office (DRDLR: 207 / NO)
Location: Western Cape (DRDLR: 208 / WC)
|Knowledge and Information Management
Location: National Office (DRDLR: 209 / NO)
Location: National Office (DRDLR: 211 / NO)
Location: National Office (DRDLR: 212 / EC), Gauteng (DRDLR: 212 / GP)
Location: Eastern Cape (DRDLR 213 / EC)
|Asset / Acquisition / Provisioning / Vendor / Management / Transport or Procurement
Location: National Office (DRDLR 214 / NO), Free State (DRDLR 214 / FS), Gauteng (DRDLR 214 / GP)
|Human Resources and Organisational Development
Location: National Office (DRDLR 215 / NO)
How To Apply
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
|National Office184 Jeff Masemola Street, Pretoria, Attention: Ms. N. Ngcobo / Mr M. Gwili, Tel: 012 312 8321 / 9839
Private Bag x833, Pretoria 0001
|Eastern CapeBlock H, First Floor, Moor Street, Quigney, East London, 5200, Attention: Ms A. van Vuuren / Ms A. Magqabi, Tel: 043 743 0078
PO Box 1716, East London, 5209
|Free StateSA Eagle Building, 7th Floor, 136 Maitland Street, Bloemfontein, 9300, Attention: Ms. D. Peters, Tel: 051 403 0700
Private Bag x20803, Bloemfontein, 9300
|Gauteng524 Sancardia Shopping Centre, 6th Floor, Steve Biko and Stanza Bopape Streets, Pretoria, Attention: Ms. N. Duiker / Mr. Gwiji, Tel: 012 3129839
Private Bag x09, Hatfield, 0028
|KwaZulu-Natal270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Piertermaritzburg, 3200, Attention: Mr N. Mbambo / S. Manqele, Tel: 033 264 9521 / 9577
Private Bag x9132, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
|Limpopo61 Biccard Street, Polokwane, 0700, Attention: Mr M. Shai, tel: 015 284 6300
Private Bag x9312, Polokwane, 0700
|Mpumalanga18 Bell Street, Bell Towers Building, Nelspruit, 1200, Attention: Ms. P. Muchanga, tel: 013 755 3499
Private Bag x11305, Nelspruit, 1200
|Northern CapeNew Public Building, corner Knight and Stead Streets, Kimberley, 8300, Attention: Ms. T. Oliphant, tel: 0538304000
Private Bag x5007, Kimberley, 8300
|Northn West9 Shippard Street, Shamma Investment Building, Mafikeng, 2745, Attention: Mr K. Sebetiele, tel: 018 3977629
Private Bag x74, Mafikeng, 22745
|Western Cape14 Long Street, Cape Town, 8000 / 8001, Attention: Mr. M. Mafanya, tel: 021 409 0580 / 0658 / 4319
Private Bag x9159, Cape Town, 8000
Closing Date: 15 January 2018
The Khwezela Colliery in Mpumalanaga, owned by Anglo American – one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering learnership opportunities in the following disciplines:
- 3x Electrician
- 3x Fitter
- 2x Diesel Mechanic
- 1x Auto Electrician
- 1x Learner Miner
- A high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent with Maths (not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) and Physical Science OR
- Minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e.:
- Electrician: N3 Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory
- Fitter: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Theory.
- Diesel Mechanic: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel Mechanic Theory
- Auto Electrician: Engineering Science, Mathematicise, Industrial Electronics; Auto Electrical Trade Theory.
- Learner Miner: Three years’ work at an opencast Blasting Section; Blasting Assistant Skills Programme; Competent person A Skills Programme.
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and, prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Exposure in the Engineering Sector of Mining will be advantageous.
- Certified copies of qualifications not 90 days older, driver’s license and ID Document must be attached to all applications.Please indicate which trade you are applying for.
- Subjects with F symbols will not be accepted.
- No Criminal Record
- Be able to obtain Police Clearance in compliance with Explosives Act 15 of 2003 as amended
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
How to apply
Closing date is 15 December 2017. Click here to apply online