At Barloworld Equipment, we strive to attract and retain Southern Africa’s top graduates to build the future leadership and specialists of our organisation, which will allow us to remain competitive. It is with this in mind that we continue to offer the Barloworld Equipment Graduate Development Programme.
Our Graduate Development Programme offers you the opportunity to choose your career from the very start. Therefore, whether you are interested in Specialist fields such as information technology, human resources or marketing or Technical areas such as in construction and mining to become a well-rounded leader, your ambition has our attention.
The following countries currently have graduate development programs in place namely: South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Mozambique or Angola.
The entry qualification for the technical field is Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Mining and/or Electrical – Heavy current only); and the entry qualification for the Specialist field is Bachelor of Science or Commerce (Data Analytics, Applications Development, Software Development, Business Administration, Research, Marketing, Communications).
The 24 month journey kicks off with an induction that provides you with in-depth insight into the Barloworld way of doing things and how large organisations are structured to work together as a unit. You are then given the opportunity to embark on a learning journey including participating in a rotational programme that provides you with exposure to various areas within the business. This will enable you to gain valuable experience that will put you in good standing should you wish to move into a leadership position in the future.
Placement at the end of the programme will depend on your overall performance, integration with the team and the availability of suitable positions.
- Efficient and accurate data analysis
- High quality presentations and deliveries
- Input into the understanding of business trends and enable relevant business decisions
- Accurate and reliable reports
- Tools and templates design and setup
- Effective project coordination and support
- BCom Sales and Marketing
- BEng / BSC Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Mining and Electrical (Heavy Current only)
- Bachelor of Science: Data Analytics, Applications Development, Software Development, Business Administration, Research, Marketing, Communications
- Minimum average mark of 60% on academic performance
- Basic business acumen
- Basic understanding of Barloworld Equipment business
- Basic Industry knowledge e.g. manufacturing, mining, etc.
- Good communication skills i.e. written and verbal (incl. listening)
- Administrative Skills
- Proficient use of MS Office tools
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Time Management
- Problem solving
To apply for this graduate programme, applicants must upload their CV, certified ID/ Passport copies, matric certificate and the latest academic record. Candidates must also state the expected date of qualification completion.
The Applicant must be in possession of a valid work permit
Job Type: Contract
- Gauteng, Gauteng
How to Apply