Stipend: R4,500 per month
Bidfreight Port Operations (Pty) Ltd (BPO) are inviting applications from South African Youths, who have completed a recognised formal tertiary qualification (as specified below) to join our 12-month graduate placement / internship program at various operations around the country.
Bidfreight Port Operations, a member of the Bidvest Group Ltd, is one of the largest providers of in-port logistics in South Africa with operations in every commercial cargo port in South Africa.
Our areas of expertise include warehousing, stevedoring, transportation and terminal operating services.
The purpose of the graduate placement / internship program is to offer practical experience in your field of study, and prepare you for a career in the Port (maritime/shipping) industry.
This is a 12-month internship contract and it must be noted that there is NO GUARANTEE, and there must be no expectation, of permanent employment on the completion of the programme.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
We are looking for graduates in the following subject areas :
A Minimum 3 year completed qualification (either a National Diploma or a Degree) in :
- Finance / Accounting
- Maritime studies
- Human Resources / Industrial Relations / Labour Relations
- Logistics / supply chain (related to Port activities – warehouse / transport etc)
- A Post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Academic average of 60% or higher
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Must be a self starter, have drive and initiative
- No or little work experience
- South African Youth – between the ages of 20-30
- Preference will be given to candidates that meet our Employment Equity and Skills Development targets
We are looking for candidates in the following Regions / Ports :
- Saldanha Bay – looking for 2 x Finance/Accounting graduates and 1 x Maritime studies graduate
- Cape Town – looking for 1 x Finance/Accounting graduate and 1 x Maritime Studies graduate
- Port Elizabeth – looking for 1 x Maritime Studies graduate
- Durban – looking for 1 x Industrial Relations / HR graduate and 1 x Logistics/Supply chain or Maritime studies graduate
- Richards Bay – looking for 1 x Industrial Relations / HR graduate and 1 x Logistics/Supply chain or Maritime studies graduate
The numbers of candidates above may be subject to change
Please ensure you quote the following in the SUBJECT LINE of the email : Graduate placement/Internship – “ and the region you are applying for e.g : Cape Town”
Please submit the following documents on the with your application :
- Letter of motivation
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of academic transcripts and qualifications
- References (if any)
Please submit your application to the following email address : email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 14 JUNE 2017
PLEASE NOTE :
All short listed candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening
If you have not been contacted within 21 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The successful candidates will earn a stipend of R4,500 per month for the duration of the internship contract.