Home » Apprenticeship Programmes
Category Archives: Apprenticeship Programmes
Paarl Media KwaZulu- Natal situated at Westmead is currently seeking applicants for their 2018 professional trade apprenticeship programme starting in January 2018.
The following trades are offered:
- Mechanised Bookbinding
- Printers Electrician
- Printers Mechanic
Shortlisted candidates will earn an income while they complete approximately 3 months practical training as a General Assistant.
- The 3 month training will be part of the recruitment process for the apprentice programme.
- The Apprenticeship program will commence later in the year (start date still be confirmed).
Successful candidates will complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, followed by approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KwaZulu-Natal, where the core experiential component of the training is completed prior to undergoing the trade test.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The shortlisted applicants will perform General Assistant duties during a 3 month period
- The successful applicants will thereafter be contracted as Apprentices through FP&M SETA
- The apprentices will enter into a fixed term training contract with Paarl Media and the SETA for the duration of training
- Phase 1: Complete approximately 6 months theoretical training at the Novus Academy, Western Cape
- Phase2: Complete approximately 26-30 months at Paarl Media KwaZulu–Natal for the core experiential component of the training
- An income will be earned throughout the program
- Senior Certificate / Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent with Mathematics with a pass rate of 50% (Proof of qualification must be attached – or else application will not be considered)
Previous shift work experience advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills in English
- Willingness to work shifts
- An eye for detail – especially exceptional colour perception
- A technical foundation would be of great benefit to the successful incumbent
How To Apply
Closing Date: 22 October 2017
Location: Divfood Paarl – Cape Town, South Africa (Primary), Divfood Vanderbijlpark – Johannesburg, South Africa
Start Date: 1 August 2017
Have completed Grade 12 and or N3 with four subjects including relevant trade theory as a major
Subjects should include Functional Mathematics and Science, minimum of 50%
Applicants must be analytical and logical thinkers, display attention to detail, have good communication skills and the ability to contribute in a high performance environment
Achieve each area of training as set out by the training program allowing the incumbent to qualify as an artisan with additional specialized training on Manufacturing Equipment
Successful candidates will be responsible for Engineering and Manufacturing aspects in a modern high speed manufacturing environment
Assist qualified artisans with daily tasks to gain knowledge and experience
Perform tasks independently once training and assessments have been completed
Successfully complete additional training courses as required by DivFood
Upon successful completion of the training program the apprentice will be required to complete a trade test at a trade test centre accredited by the National Artisan Moderation Body.
How To Apply
Closing Date: 31 August 2017
Distell invites applications for individuals to participate in their an 18 month Millwright Apprenticeship Programme based at Greenpark , Secondary Production. The successful applicant will report to the Engineering Manager. This exciting entry level career opportunity is suited to a highly motivated, hardworking, committed individual who is reliable, punctual and determined to succeed. The successful candidate will be expected to enter into a contract commencing on 1 October 2017.
Distell is a multinational brewing and beverage company that produces and markets spirits, fine wines, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs).
Purpose of Position:
Undergo training in the trade of fitting and turning to qualify as an Artisan
- Undergoing training in the trade of the Millwright apprenticeship and to qualify as an Artisan;
- Participating in the apprenticeship training programme;
- Delivery quality work at all times; and
- Performing allocated duties.
The successful candidate must preferably have the following experience / skills / qualifications:
- Matric with Maths and Science
- Must have completed N3 – N6 in Engineering studies with an aggregate of 75% and above.
- Good technical problem solving skills;
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail (meticulous and accurate); and
- Sound knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
- Own reliable transport;
- Work extended hours as and/or when required;
- Willingness to be utilised at different Distell sites.
How to apply
Closing date is 25 August 2017. Click here to apply online
- Repairing all agricultural equipment;
- Providing general support;
- Loss control and safety.
- The suitable candidate must have a Gr.12 certificate or an equivalent certificate with Mathematics and Science as subject.
- Candidates with technical training will be given preference
How to apply
If you are a suitable candidate, who can make a difference in this innovative agribusiness, please send your CV to GWK Talent Management before or on 21 July 2017 by fax (086 501 2935) or e-mail (email@example.com).
Applicants, who do not receive a response within 14 days after the closing date for applications, may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Location: East Rand
Duration: 3 years
Closing Date: 18 July 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain all mechanical plant equipment
- Maintain high work standards and minimise waste
- Plan, organise and monitor maintenance work activities
- Be available to conduct work on-site in whole SADC region
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Good command of English Business language and strong communication skills
- An ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken or written words, instructions and sentences
- Working in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Deadline driven
- Effective communication skills
- Good planning and organising
- Ability to work under pressure
DNA Values Required
Empowering Our People, Safety Minded, Customer Focused, Performance and Results Driven
How To Apply
| Millwright x3
| Electrician x2
| Fitters x5