Home » Artisan Opportunities
Category Archives: Artisan Opportunities
Closing Date: 07 June 2017
Location: Secunda, Sasolburg
Do you aspire to be a world class artisan? Are you a team player with good communication skills? Earn while you learn to become a qualified artisan at one of Sasol’s nationally accredited skills academies. The successful candidates will follow a fulltime training programme which will qualify them to safely maintain the equipment of a Sasol plant or safely operate the production processes of such a plant.
Select one of the job titles below and ensure that you meet the minimum qualifying criteria in order to apply successfully:
- Process Artisan
- Electrical Artisan
- Mechanical Fitter
- Instrument Mechanician
To be considered for any of these, you need a National Senior Certificate or N3 with a pass in Maths, Science and English. The selection process will require you to successfully complete psychometric testing, interviewing, a medical and fitness test as well as security and qualification verification.
How To Apply
Only applications received via SMS will be considered.
To apply: SMS the keyword “LEARNER” to “33162”. The application process requires a maximum of
17 SMSs at R1.50 each and a person can apply only once.
Reference Number : ERI 0010995
Closing Date : 05 June 2017
Location : Various
Successful Applicants will be required to sign a 4 (four) year Apprenticeship Contract and will be paid a stipend according to Company Policies and Procedures
• N2 Electrical Engineering
Skills And Competencies
• Computer Skills in MS Word, Excel • Good leadership Skills • Problem Solving / Conflict
• Sound Communication • Able to work under pressure • Honest and Reliable • Adaptability to change • Own initiative/forward thinker
How To Apply
Stipend: R60 000 per annum
CLOSING DATE : 5 June 2017
Closing Time : 12h00 Midday
DUTIES : Produce designs according to client specification and within limits of production capability, Produce objects with material and equipment according to job specification and recognized standards, Conduct routine maintenance, Maintain and inspect equipment and/or facilities for technical faults, Repair equipment and facilities according to standards, Test repaired equipment and/or facilities against specifications, Service equi pment and/or facilities according to schedule, Perform administrative and related functions, i.e. provide inputs on the compilation of technical reports, Keep and maintain job record and other registers, Maintain and adhere to agreed developmental plan.
- A Senior Certificate (Grade 12),
- A recognized National Diploma or N3 and N4 in
- Building Construction,
- Electrical and Plumbing or equivalent,
- A passed Trade Test as Artisan,
- Technical analysis knowledge in the field of the post may be an advantage,
- Technical analysis knowledge,
- Computer – aided technical applications Report writing,
- Production, process knowledge and skills,
- Good generic, problem solving, analysis, decision making, team work, planning, organizational and analytical skills,
- Creativity, self – management,
- Customer focus and responsiveness,
- Good communication (written and verbal) as well as computer (MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint) skills
All short – listed candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the inter view and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency – based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency. assessment tools.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a CV (previous experience must be com prehensively detailed) and certified copies of qualification certificates (including Senior Certificate/Grade 12 certificate regardless of the qualification requirement indicated in the advert), service certificates, including ID and driver’s licence. No f axed or e – mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certi ficates (where applicable) evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to fill the posts. The successful candidate will be subjected to personnel suitability checks and other vetting procedures. Appl icants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short – listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within three (3) months after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful. T he Department will not be liable where applicants use incorrect/no reference number(s) on their applications.
The Director – General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001. Hand delivered applications may be submitted at Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Struben streets. Pretoria.
Sappi seeks to place a suitability qualified Artisan Assistant to safely perform less complex maintenance tasks and should assist Artisans with complex maintenance tasks, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness. This positions is based at the Ngodwana Mill in Nelspruit.
Sappi is an integrated forest products company meeting the needs of domestic as well as international customers through a wide range of products
- Grade 12 or relevant NQF4 qualification with Maths and Science
- No Experience Required
- Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation experience will be advantageous
- Artisan Assistant is involved in the maintenance, repair and overhauling of equipment concerning Air-con, Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation workshop services
- Obtain License as “Authorized work man” as per Sappi Lock out Procedure and assist production personnel with isolation process where required
- Comply with legislation – (Safe handling of refrigerant and disposal of fluorescent tubes. Identifying, sorting and disposal of waste in correct waste streams.)
- Correct selection and use of tools for the job and maintenance there off.
- Obtain Licences for various mobile equipment as found on Ngodwana Mill site
- Assist Artisans with breakdowns and opportunity maintenance and perform tasks as per competency level.
- Move and transport of equipment in workplace
Key Skills and Competencies
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Planning and Organising
- Safety conscious
How to apply
Applications close on 11 November 2016. Click here to apply online