Home » Bursaries and Scholarship Programmes
Category Archives: Bursaries and Scholarship Programmes
Closing Date: 30 November 2018
Ref no: #PSG-20400
Our PSG Bursary Programme aims to create a pipeline of young talent within the financial services industry.
What is in it for me?
- Financial assistance regarding your post-graduate programme (Tuition, textbooks etc)
- Entry to the Graduate programme the following year.
- Continuous coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training
- Work exposure within the financial services industry
- Be South African Citizens
- Degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Science (Applied Chemistry, Physics, Actuarial Science)
- IT (Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Informatics, Project Management, Software Development, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence)
- Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Electrical, Electronic and Computer, Mechanical, Industrial)
- Math/Stats (Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Sciences, Statistics)
- Average of 65% and above
- Ambitious & looking to advance in their career within the financial services industry
- Energetic with a solution oriented attitude
- Good at working in a team
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
How To Apply
If you meet with the minimum requirements, you can apply by visiting our PSG website. Simply go to the Careers tab on our website (www.psg.co.za) and complete the registration process. Upload your CV, academic transcripts, and a copy of your ID and submit your application to the relevant programme.
Armscor is offering bursaries for studies to suitably qualified South African learners who are in their 1st , 2nd or 3rd year of study, to register at a South African university or university of technology. First-time applicants must have achieved good results in Grade 12 in Mathematics, Science, and English (achievement levels of 5, 6 and 7).
Fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Applied Mathematics & Science
- Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- BSc (with the intention to study Ergonomics at post- graduate level)
An Armscor bursary covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals
- Prescribed books
- Mentoring and coaching
- Vacation work
- Psychosocial support in the form of individual counselling
- Candidates must have an interest in working in the defence industry.
- Candidates must have achieved good results in Mathematics, Science and English.
How To Apply
Send your CV, matric results and a full academic results report or transcript to email@example.com. You can also request an application form by writing to the Senior Manager: Learning & Talent Development, Armscor, Private Bag X337, Pretoria, 0001.
Closing Date: 30 September 2017
A. Before applying you should have decided which course you want to study and at which public university/TVET college. You will need to select these choices in the application form.
B. Make sure you have electronic (and certified copies) of the following:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
C. When you provide your cell phone number on the application form, make sure it works and please do not change it afterwards, as NSFAS will use it to communicate with you during and after the application process. Please do not provide someone else’s cell phone number as your contact number.
You will also need an email address. If you do not have an email address, you can easily create a gmail address, by clicking here.
D. You must not apply if:
– You have already applied and have an application reference number
– You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college
– You already have NSFAS funding for 2017
– You are not a South African citizen
E. For postgraduate studies, only students who plan to do the following postgraduate qualification may apply:
1. B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
2. B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
4. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and
How To Apply
Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
Closing Date: 31 July 2017
Therefore a number of Eskom bursary schemes are available to assist capable students to acquire good education which is essential for a better future.
Eskom bursary schemes offered are:-
|Offered mainly based on business needs of the business, given to the following individuals:
|Offered exclusively to Eskom employees children / dependence based on the following:
Fields Of Study
|Further Education & Training (FET)
Individuals legible to apply must meet the following requirements:-
- Applicants must be South African citizens with a valid ID number
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Written proof of acceptance for admission by higher education institution
- Applicants must be for full time studies at an accredited South African institution
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an interview and medical examination or health declaration
Students to study at the University
|Subjects||Old Symbols||New Symbols|
|Physical Science||HG (C)||5|
Students to study at the Technikons/University of technlology
|Subjects||Old Symbols||New Symbols|
|English||HG (D) SG (C)||4|
|Physical Science||HG (D) SG (C)||4|
|Mathematics||HG (D) SG (C)||4|
Students to study at the Further Education and Training (FET)
|Subjects||Old Symbols||New Symbols|
|English||HG ( E ) SG (D)||3|
|Physical Science||HG ( E ) SG (D)||3|
|Mathematics||HG ( E ) SG (D)||3|
Applicants that are already at Higher institution:-
The applicant must have passed all their registered subjects in that current year
- Applications should be submitted to Eskom by no later than 31 July each year, for the following academic year.
- Applications should preferably be submitted online by using this website. Applicants who do not have internet access can also post their application or hand-deliver them to the nearest Eskom offices.
- All applicants short listed to attend an interview will be notified. Notification is done telephonically as well as per written correspondence.
- Selection interviews normally take place during August to to October each year. Applicants will be required to attend an interview and sometimes a medical declaration/examination might be done.
- Final selection and award is subjected to a successful interview, satisfactory academic results and medical fitness.
- Applicants will be told of the outcome from/between October to December of that year. Please note that no correspondence will be entered into prior to this date.
- Successful candidates will then be provided with comprehensive documentation relating to the Eskom bursary scheme as well as a written contract and other documentation for completion to be returned back to Eskom.
|Full Eskom Bursary||Scholarship|
|*Residence or Accommodation Fees||✓||✓|
|Vacation Allowance and
* = Amount payable is determined by Eskom
Other information to take note of:-
Applicants may not receive any other grant for the same qualification without prior written approval from Eskom
- Vacation work costs will be borne by the relevant business units on approval by the same said business unit.
- The bursary is for maximum of five (5) years where bridging is applicable
- Failure on bridging/first academic year, bursary will be cancelled without an obligation
- From 2nd academic year onwards, failure to progress to the next academic year, bursary to be suspended
- The bursary will be suspended for one year (university) or trimester (University of technology) if the student fails. The bursary will only be reinstated once, thereafter on failure again automatic cancellation is applied
- The bursary will have to be paid back on cancellation (full value and compound interest at prime rate)
- Bursaries are only granted for undergraduate studies, postgraduate studies bursaries are not granted unless there is a need and approval is received from the relevant business units Divisional Executives.
How To Apply
Applications are now open for the 2018 Trudon Bursary Programme. Further your career with a Trudon bursary aimed at assisting South African second and third year tertiary students. Regrettably no first year bursaries are available. Trudon is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Trudon (publishers of the Yellow Pages) is a South African company that delivers the best local commercial search in South Africa as well as affordable, effective advertising and marketing options to the local SME and corporate market.
- Students must already have passed their first year of study at University
- Students must be at specified accredited South African universities (no bursaries for the 2018 academic year will be awarded to students for studies at a university of technology or college)
- Students must be a South African citizen
- Student must have a valid ID book or card
- Student must meet the standard for entry in your chosen field at the institute
- Student must provide complete academic records
- Candidates must provide proof of need for financial aid
- Trudon is committed to the principles of Employment Equity – bursaries will be awarded to deserving students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To qualify for the Trudon Bursary the student must be a second or third year student studying full time at a recognised South African university (that is acceptable to Trudon) towards an undergraduate degree in:
- Engineering Industrial – BSc / BEng
- Computer Engineering– BEng / BSc
- Engineering Electronic – BEng / BSc
- Computer Science
- Informatics Technology
- Mathematical Science
- Information Science
- BIS Multimedia
- Graphic Design
Applicants must have taken Maths (not Maths Literacy) in their matric year and achieved a minimum of a level 6.
Applicants must also be able to show that they have made good academic progress during their First and Second year of their tertiary education while studying towards obtaining a degree.
Applicants must have passed all courses for which they have registered while at university. Majors and overall average minimum 60%
Trudon does not award bursaries towards post-graduate studies.
What does the bursary cover?
- Registration and Tuition fees
- Book Allowance
- Residence fees (where applicable)
How will my progress be monitored?
Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student’s academic performance and renewed annually.
All bursaries are granted on merit but preference is given to black (Africans, Coloureds and Indian) applicants.
What happens after graduation?
- After graduation, the student may be required to work 12 to 18 months for Trudon
- Should the bursary recipient not accept the contract of employment, repayment will become due of all monies owed to the Company
- In-Service training periods are excluded from this period. The obligation period for tertiary students will only commence after successful completion of the graduation programme.
How to apply