Kuehne+Nagel is excited to continue its efforts to support the growth of skills in the industry through formal learnership programs.
We are proud of the learners who successfully completed this 2 year program in the past and built their careers in the Freight Forwarding & Clearing environment
Your tasks and responsibilities
We will host a 2 year program from 1 April 2017 – 31 March 2019 and want to invite applications for suitable candidates to participate in this comprehensive learnership underwritten by the TETA.
The successful candidates will complete theoretical course work and gain practical experience across Kuehne+Nagel’s operations to become skilled Freight Forwarders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Successful completion of the theoretical course work by attending classes and submitting assignments
- Undertaking experiential learning in various departments including Airfreight, Seafreight, Contract Logistics, Roadfreight, Customs and Finance.
- Collating a portfolio of evidence throughout the 2 year program and successfully completing a final exam
- Achieving competency in all relevant NQF 3 Level Unit Standards within the 24 month period.
Your skills and experience>
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Geography will be a distinct advantage) with a minimum 50% achievement in these subjects
- A relevant post-matric qualification will be a distinct advantage
- Age group 18 – 24
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Solid mathematical ability and proven skill to solve complex problems
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- Good time management skills
- Ability to learn independently
- Candidates must be South African citizens with a valid ID Document and no criminal record.
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to REGISTER AND APPLY ONLINE
South Africa Breweries s offering mechanical apprenticeship opportunities at Rosslyn Production in Pretoria. The purpose of the opportunity is to be trained and gain knowledge and experience as an apprentice in relevant trade.
- Complete the 3 to 4 year apprentice programme as per SAB/ ABI / MERSETA requirements.
- Maintain, repair & optimise plant & associated devices under guidance of qualified Artisans / Technicians
- Work in teams
- Ensure a safe healthy and risk free working environment (level 1)
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science (HG) or Technical Matric
- National Technical certificate N3 or higher in the relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering)
- Must be a team player
- High energy level and action orientated
- Mental alertness, analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Conceptual skills
How to apply
Click here to apply online
Goedehoop Colliery in Mpumalanga, owned by Anglo American- one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering Engineering Learnership opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Diesel Mechanic
- Instrumentation Mechanician
Primary Job Purpose
The Engineering Learner fulfils a shift role at the Engineering department. In conjunction with his/her team he/she is required to assist the artisan with routine tasks that he/she has been trained in such as maintaining equipment & machinery. The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Maths (not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) and Physical Science or
- Minimum N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e:
- – Electrician – Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.
- – Fitter – Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory.
- – Instrumentation Mechanician – Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Instrument Trade Theory.
- – Plater – Maths, Engineering Science, Plating & Structural Drawing, Platers Theory
- – Diesel Mechanic – Maths, Engineering Science, Diesel Trade Theory, Engineering Drawings
- Subjects with F symbols will not be accepted.
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be advantageous.
How to apply
Applications close on 27 February 2017. Click here to apply online
Shoprite is looking for a Trainee Operator to assist senior operations staff in the day-to-day operation of the organization’s computer room / bridge, including data centre facility and infrastructure monitoring, production schedule monitoring, availability and performance monitoring and incident handling. This opportunity is based in Cape Town.
- To ensure that organisation’s data centre facilities and IT infrastructure are operated according to organization policies and procedures.
- To ensure that organisation’s computer systems are operated according to organisation policies and procedures.
- To ensure that production jobs are run and completed on schedule and in accordance with service level requirements.
- To ensure that organisation’s data is backed-up in line with business continuity policies and practices.
- Matriculation Certificate with Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
- CompTIA A+
- No experience required (given sufficient prior training, e.g. completed Learnership, in the appropriate technology)
- Must be able and willing to work shifts (24x7x8 rotating shift plan)
- Own transport preferably
- Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets
- Is familiar with the installed hardware and software and the procedures in use in the Computer Operations area.• Demonstrates good communication skills with experience of dealing with users, other staff and suppliers
- Applicant must be aware of ICT environment and familiar with Operating Systems
- Working with people
- Learning and researching
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
How to apply
Applications close on 03 March 2017. Click here to apply online
Learnership – Business Administration (NQF Level 3).
Syntell Pty Ltd – Midrand, Gauteng
|Syntell offers a unique opportunity for unemployed, enthusiastic and energetic persons from the designated groups to gain a national qualification and valuable working experience at its offices in Gauteng.
The learnership offers:
- One year learnership contract, including a monthly stipend
- National qualification (Business Administration, NQF level 3);
- Continuous coaching, mentoring, on the job training and assessment
- Portfolio of working and learning evidence.
Be available to perform duties in terms of the learnership agreement; Participate in all learning and work experience required by the learnership; Undertake all learning conscientiously.
- Be residing in the Gauteng;
- Be able to start with the learnership in 01 March 2017;
- Grade 12 Certificate pass 60% average.
Please include scanned copies of the following**:
- Letter of motivation (explaining why you wish to embark on a learnership).
- A current & detailed CV
- Certified copies of ID; Matric certificate/advise of results
- Office management qualification.
- Be motivated to be educated and developed;
- Show initiative
- Team player
- Ability to manage self-study and assignments
- Time Management
- Planning and organisation
- Good attitude
Closing date: 15 February 2017
Should you not here from us in 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
Job Type: Contract
- Office admin qualification: 1 year
- Matric 60% average: 1 year
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply Now
Location: Hendrina Power Station, Mpumalanga
Skills and Competencies
- Grade12 / N3 with Physical Science and Mathematics
- Problem Solving skills
- Planning and Organising
- Ability to apply Maths and Science knowledge
How To Apply
Apply 13X Positions: Artisan Learnership Programme 2017
Closing Date: 22 February 2017