Home » Traineeship Positions
Category Archives: Traineeship Positions
Apply for Traineeship Positions in Johannesburg
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
We are currently looking for candidates needing P1 & P2 training, as well as graduates who would be interested in an Internship.
Purpose: To train and develop a person to become a qualified artisan according to the requirements of Mining Qualification Authority (MQA)
The successful candidates will be trained in the core skills and applicable safety standards related to the specific trade in maintenance and operation of Danoher construction sites.
Ensure that you meet the following qualifying criteria before you apply:
- Matric with Mathematics and Science or four subjects N3 relevant to trade (minimum D symbol).
- English / Business English passed.
- S4 MechanIcal Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering will be an added advantage
How To Apply
If you are Interested and meet the above requirements please email your CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID to: email@example.com no later than 29/06/2018, 12h00 SA standard time.
Image Source: Giphy
Earn R4000 Per Month for Work Integrated Learning Programme
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Location: Kirstenbosch, Cape Town
Value: Monthly stipend of R4 000,00. No benefits apply.
Duration: 1 December 2018 – 30 November 2019
Two one-year work-integrated learning placement opportunities are available at our Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden from 1 December 2018 – 30 November 2019.
The students will gain hands on experience in nature conservation and have the opportunity to work with specialists in the field. The programme includes exposure in the following estate functions:
- Data collection
- The management plan for the estate
- The Kirstenbosch Biodiversity database
- Guided tours
- Environmental education and outreach
- Conservation-related field trips
- Alien plant eradication
- Trails maintenance
- Occupational health and safety management
- Waste control
- Fire management
- Memorial bench and woodwork maintenance
- Fence maintenance
- Conservation-related displays
- Maintenance of living fauna display
Requirements: Students who are self-motivated and enthusiastic and have completed their first and second year subjects are encouraged to apply. Good grades will be a strong advantage. Note that this programme is only applicable to students registered for Nature Conservation. Students who have already graduated need not apply.
How To Apply
Application procedure: Please complete the attached application form. Applications should include a CV; letter of interest; goals while training at SANBI; letter of recommendation from lecturers or supervisors; letter from university stating that you need to complete work-integrated learning and certified copies of your results. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Nature Conservation WIL.
NB: Please apply via e mail only.
Candidates will be expected to be available for interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI.
SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
If no response has been received within 14 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Image source: SANBI
The DMT programme is a 12-18 month trainee programme designed to develop future designers for the business.
Closing Date: 26 June 2018
Location: Cape Town
- Relevant Design diploma/degree
- A passion for Womens Footwear and Accessories Design
- Administrative experience in a clothing design or retail environment is preferable
- Ability to analyse and interpret information accurately
- Computer literate, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creativity, taste level and flair in line with the brand
- Ability to design product appropriate to the brief and the customer
- Team player
- Planning and organizing ability
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- High energy levels and self-motivation
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Sound business and commercial awareness
- A commitment to high performance delivery
- Ability to sketch
- Drive the colour process within the group and communicate with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure product is presented and photographs are taken of the design workshops and boards are displayed
- Ensure that key decisions of monthly workshops are recorded
- Manage the issue and collection of samples and prototypes and colour boards
- Close working relationships with suppliers and involvement in the design process
- Ensure that the venue and relevant documents are prepared for design briefs
- General administration incl. travel arrangements and diary management
How To Apply
Shoprite Launches Job Training for Unemployed Youth. Large retailer Shoprite says it expects to reach its target of empowering more than 12,000 youths (aged 18-29 years) to enter the retail sector or start their own business by the end of June.
Arguably the largest skills development initiative ever undertaken by a South African retailer, the Shoprite Group’s Retail Readiness programme launched in February 2016.
Following the successful completion of an 8-week training programme, participants receive an NQF-level 3 qualification. Since the programme’s inception, a total of 8,688 young people have been employed in Shoprite or Checkers stores, the group said.
The current training block will end on 22 June. The next one is expected to kick off in July 2018 and applications are still open.
“South Africans with matric can apply for the programme at our recruitment centres in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria,” said Moga Pillay, the Group’s spokesperson on skills development.
“This programme is a direct challenge to the crippling effects of youth unemployment. More than half of young South Africans are unemployed.
“It also enables us to improve on the quality of recruits filling vacancies at our stores, since those who have completed the programme have a good understanding of how our business works and the factors that influence our ability to grow,” Pillay said.
Those who are not absorbed into the group’s workforce have the necessary basic skills to start their own business or to be employed elsewhere in the retail sector.
Participants of the programme are provided with the basic business principles to understand the financial, legal and business requirements of setting up and running a small to medium enterprise in conjunction with a large retailer, Shoprite said.
Three weeks of theory is followed by five weeks of in-store training in various departments like the deli, bakery, as well as fruit and vegetables. Participants are paid a weekly stipend during their time in the store.
The retailer provided a list of 10 tips for job applicants:
- When applying for a job or registering an online profile, double-check spelling and grammar on your CV and application;
- Your documents must always be up to date and you must have a valid ID document;
- Always ensure that your contact details are current;
- When including a profile picture make sure it presents you in the best possible light;
- In an interview always make eye contact and do not slouch;
- Listen carefully to questions and ask the interviewer to repeat a question you didn’t understand or hear properly;
- Try not to speak badly about your previous company and/or colleagues;
- Dress neatly – a white shirt and black pants is always a good idea;
- Google the company before going for an interview. This shows you are interested and will help you decide whether you actually want to work there;
- At the end of the interview, ask what the next step is, if nobody volunteers this information.
Recruitment centres for Job Training for Unemployed Youth
Old Paarl Road
Steve Biko Street
129 Fox Street
Recruitment centres: Shoprite Website
Apply for Traineeships at CSIR in Pretoria. Closing date: 15 June 2018
Qualifications and skills:
- Currently enrolled for a three year qualification in hospitality or events management (must have completed two years’ theoretical component of the qualification);
- An outstanding academic record for the two years of study;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Customer-focus orientation
- Excellence/ quality orientation
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Motivational letter
- Academic records
How To Apply
|In-service Trainee Food Beverage and Venue Attendant
|In-service Trainee Public Relations / Marketing
|In-service Training: Reservations Office, Sales and Customer Relations
The CSIR is a responsible employer; we have put measures in place to ensure that equity is implemented such that it best serves the interests of the organisation and South Africa as a whole. This speaks to the CSIR’s commitment to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified
Source: CSIR Careers
Image Source: Abovewhispers