Home » Traineeship Positions
Category Archives: Traineeship Positions
Transnet Diesel Electrical Fitter Apprenticeships
The Apprenticeship Contract is an employment contract with the purpose to provide young workers who have completed their compulsory schooling with general, theoretical and practical training with a view to obtaining a vocational qualification backed up by a Technical / artisan certificate (NQF level 5).
The Apprentice, Diesel Electrical Fitter focus on Diesel Locomotives
- Training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus based in Koedoespoort.
- NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment
- This is only a training opportunity.
- On successful completion of the training program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and trainees might be released to look for work in the market.
Qualifications & Experience :
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or Technical Matric including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory
- Safe working practices and principles
- Quality awareness
- Technical / Theoretical
- Business principles
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
- Technical knowledge / Background
- Safety procedures and equipment
- Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
- Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
- Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding results.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
- All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus.
- Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment.
- On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and you will be released to look for work in the market. This is only a training opportunity.
- If you have not been contacted within one month from the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: Please submit a cover letter indicating your choice of trade that is relevant to your subjects, your CV, certified copy of relevant qualification/s and certified copy of ID.
Sasol Trainee Employment Programme
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
The Supply Chain Graduate Trainee Programme is a 12 month work-based programme aimed at affording unemployed Graduates work experience within the Supply Chain working environment. The programme offers a structured opportunity to Graduates to gain practical work experience and be developed and groomed for permanent employment. Graduates will report to Line Managers and will be assigned mentors and coaches.
The main deliverables of the role is for Graduates to:
- Gain practical experience;
- Increase own understanding of the work involved in a particular field;
- Increase self-confidence;
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures; and
- Undertake work as per the Portfolio of Evidence and as directed by the Manager / Supervisor in the functional areas;
B Com or BTech (General, Accounting,Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, Transport Mgmt, etc)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self-mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical
- Drives accountability and high performance -Enables and demonstrates high performance that achieves measurable business results through accountability.
- Understand performance objectives and expectations
- Be accountable and take responsibility for own performance
- Participate in/contribute positively to work/team environment
- Attend all training courses and demonstrate commitment to apply training, to acquire new capabilities and to continually improve knowledge and skills proficiency
- Solicit performance feedback from colleagues, reviewers and action areas for development
- Develop ability to work effectively when under pressure and in situations requiring rapid change
- Enhance effective time management skills
- Solicit coaching when in need
How To Apply
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Nursing Traineeships Kzn Department of Health APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR NURSE TRAINING FOR THE YEAR 2019
Nursing Traineeships Kzn Department of Health
CLOSING DATE: 24 AUGUST 2018
DURATION: 4 YEARS
Reference No: KZNCN 2 / 2018)
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR NURSE TRAINING FOR THE YEAR 2019
DIPLOMA IN NURSING (GENERAL, PSYCHIATRIC, COMMUNITY) AND MIDWIFERY
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – PRE 2008
- Grade 12 (Std 10) – Minimum 25 points
- English: Minimum symbol “E” Higher grade or “D” Standard Grade • Biology or any other Natural Science subject “E” Higher Grade or “D” Standard Grade
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – FROM 2008
- National Senior Certificate: Degree/Diploma • Minimum: 25 points • English L4
- Additional Language • Life Orientation L4 • Maths L3 /Maths Literacy L4
- Life Sciences/ Physical Science L3 • And any other 2 subjects from the designated list
*NB Life orientation (LO) will not be scored
The points will be calculated as follows:
NSC Rating (NSC Percentage)* / Points Value For Calculation of APS (Adjusted Percentage for APS Calculation)
|8||90% – 100% *|
|7||80% – 100%|
|6||70% – 79%|
|5||60% – 69%|
|5||60% – 69%|
|4||50% – 59%|
|4||50% – 59%|
|3||40% – 49%|
|2||30% – 39%|
|1||0% – 29%|
How to Apply for Nursing Traineeships
Prospective learners can apply online by following the KZN College of Nursing website link http://kzncn.kznhealth.gov.za OR
Submit applications to the following postal address
KZN College of Nursing (Nurse Training)
Private Bag X9089
QUOTE REFERENCE NUMBER (KZNCN 2/2018) ON ENVELOPE AND APPLICATION LETTER
Documents to submit with your application:
- Certified copy of matric certificate and identity document
- Proof of residence or affidavit
- 2 page Curriculum Vitae with the following information:
Full Names and contact details; Identity Number, Residential address and Postal address, District name/ Local municipality, Employment history, Details of previous nursing experience if any.
TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- All certificates and addresses will be verified for authenticity.
- Due to the large number of applications expected; only successful applicants will be notified.
- No registered mail will be accepted
This Department is an equal opportunity affirmative employer whose aim is to promote representivity at all levels of all occupational categories in the Department.
Traineeship Programme in Johannesburg AB inBev
Apply for the AB inBev Traineeships
About the programme:
- 2 -3 weeks of induction training on the company’s culture, strategy and structure, In this phase, you will get exposure to our CEO, Global Chiefs and the Zone Management Team, and you will meet with all GMTs from around the world
- 4 months of hands on, in-field training (deep dives) in our sales, marketing, supply and logistics operations, as well as our Business Shared Services across various locations in your Zone. You will develop an understanding of the “real life” of the business by shadowing people who perform the job, from all levels. You will be part of a small group of 3-5 GMTs during this phase
- 3 weeks of training on the Headquarter Strategy for the Zone (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Affairs, People, Logistics & Supply) at the Zone Headquarters, as well as leadership training.
- 5 months Individual Assignment leading a process improvement project in the operations (sales, supply, trade marketing, marketing or logistics). You will receive clear deliverables and will be given feedback on your performance.
- 1 graduation week with official certification. You will also present your Innovation project during this week.
- Exposure to senior leaders throughout the training period.
Upon successful completion of the 10 month rotational program, you will take on an entry-level management position in any function depending on your profile, interest and results (e.g. sales supervisor, finance analyst, line supervisor, distribution manager, assistant trade marketing manager etc) You will also receive a mentor from the executive team when you start in your first position.
After 12-18 months, if you perform well, we expect you to be ready to take on your next challenge in a more senior management role in any functional area.
You own your future, and the speed of your career growth will depend on your talent, efforts and results.
- Current University student or recent university graduate
- Bachelors degree required.
- Work authorization in the country for which application is being submitted
- Geographical mobility – you will move to different locations during the 10-month training program, and you should be willing to relocate throughout your career
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in cross functional experiences
- Ambitious and self-driven
- Resilient and comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to effectively manage several projects at once
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Influential and collaborative
- Insightful, curious and innovative
How To Apply
With FNB, you can be part of a company that offers you a career, not just a job. With a wide range of employment options and business areas to choose from, you are bound to find a perfect fit. We share accountability with our employees and provide you with the best possible opportunities to learn and grow.
We are breaking new ground with our innovative thinking and challenging our employees to think differently and develop into the thought leaders of the future. The foundation of our success is in our entrepreneurial culture and the belief that our people are our single most important resource. If you share our values of being: Helpful Effective Ethical Innovative Accountable and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
This trainee role is a developmental pipeline for key roles in business units.
Students currently completing their final year of university degrees in:
- Commerce (Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Economics etc)
- Actuarial Science
- Industrial Psychology
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- This is not an exhaustive list of degrees
Only South African citizens need apply.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Provision of an efficient execution of role responsibilities through careful and timeous planning, reporting and updating of all related information in the relevant role of learning
- Participate in the innovation process in the business and contribute toward new innovations against objectives
- Participation in knowledge sharing and projects to maximise skills required for the role and relevant career exploration by executing all activities required to be efficient and successful
- Manage graduate development plan by completion of training assignments
- Manage graduate development plan to increase own competencies and skills by attendance of training
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Live the values of the business through demonstrating and displaying of the values required in the business
How to Apply
All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
Closing: 3 August 2018