Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Closing Date: 25 October 2017
Location: Pongola, KZN
RCL FOODS Sugar & Milling will be embarking on an apprenticeship programme and we invite suitable candidates to embrace this opportunity by applying. We are looking for young, dynamic, self-motivated individuals who will be able to work independently.
In order to be considered for selection, candidates need to be in possession of a Grade 12 with maths and science and at least N2 qualification with relevant subjects;
Disciplines for application:
- Fitter & Turner;
Apprentice Programme outline:
Institutionalised training at the Industrial Training Centre (ITC) at Mount Edgecombe (approximately 20 weeks); Subjects for the National Technical Certificate may be taken by correspondence at the same time;
Employment / exposure / training in different sections of the factory during operations and off-crop (approximately 29 weeks).
The completion of each year’s training will be rounded off by a Mini Trade Test (phase test) which will determine the continued participation in the training program; A final trade test will lead to a National recognized qualification.
Contracts are fixed term in nature and will be subject to a renewal process based at the sole discretion of the company and will depend entirely on satisfactory progress and performance;
Medical aid and retirement benefits are included.
Children of RCL FOODS employees will be given first preference.
Please clearly specify trade of interest.
How To Apply
CLOSING DATE: 16 October 2017
The Department of Health invites Mpumalanga Province citizens from the ages of 18 to 35 to apply ONLINE to to study towards a four year Diploma in Nursing (General, Community & Psychiatry) and Midwifery.
This group will be recruited to study at KwaZulu-Natal College of Nursing from the 2nd January 2018.
Only applicants with ALL the following compulsory minimum requirements will be considered.
- A Matriculation Certificate qualifying for admission for a Diploma / degree.
- English at least Level 4 (HG D / SG C) or above
- Life Science / Biology / Physiology at least Level 4 (HG D / SG C) or above.
- Mathematics at least Level 3 or (HG E / SG D) or Maths Literacy at least level 4 or above
- Physical Science / Agriculture / Geography; passed with at least level 3 (HG E / SG D) or above
- Minimum total admission point score (APS) of the six subjects with highest levels should not be less than 25 (excluding Life Orientation)
All certificates will be sent for verification. Selected applicants will undergo medical screening. A previous qualification in a Nursing or similar programme is not considered as a requirement for admission and does not replace the above.
Certificates not registrable with the South African Nursing Council (e.g. ABET) will not be considered.
Applicants with a disability will be considered only in terms of the inherent requirements of the nursing duties.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to work back the number of years trained
- To attend lectures for theoretical knowledge and do work integrated learning at KZN health facilities as required by the South African Nursing Council.
- To subject themselves to the rules and regulations of KZN College of Nursing for nursing students.
NOTE: Students will receive a bursary for the duration of their study to cover accomodation, meals and tuition.
There are no fees payable to be admitted at the College.
(If you are not contacted after 31st December 2017 please consider your application unsuccessful)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- All applications are to be strictly ONLINE on the official Mpumalanga Department of Health website.
- The applicant will need to have a valid email address.
If shortlisted the following documents will be required during interview
- Original Matriculation Certificate. (all certificates will be sent to UMALUSI for verification)
- Copy of Identity Document certified within three months of Closing Date.
- Proof of Residence
How To Apply
PLEASE NOTE: No physical, faxed or e-mailed applications are allowed.
Enquiries: Mr. R. Khoza @ 013 766 3165 / Mr. B. Magagula @ 013 766 3425
Unemployed Science, Engineering and Technology Graduates Required to Volunteer in the DST’s National Youth Service Programme
The South African Agency for Science a Technology Advancement (SAASTA, a business unit of National Research Foundation) on behalf of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) is inviting unemployed science, engineering and technology graduates (18 to 35 years of age) to volunteer their services towards the implementation of the Youth into Science Strategy under the auspices of the National Youth Service Programme. Volunteers will be deployed for a period of up to 12 months to participating organisations that collaborate with the DST in its youth development programmes. A stipend will be paid to volunteers per month as follows: National Diploma NQF Level 6 (R 4 500), Bachelor’s Degree / B.Tech NQF Level 7 (R 5 000), Honours NQF Level 8 (R 5 500), Master’s NQF Level 9 (R 6 500), PhD NQF Level 10 (R 7 700).
Vacancies exist and become available during the year at a variety of organisations in all nine provinces.
How To Apply
Interested youth, who meet the qualifications, are invited to submit a covering letter indicating why they want to volunteer, in which province they are residing and the province of their choice. Candidates should also include curriculum vitae, certified copies of ID and qualifications, and all their contact details. To view a list of current participating organisations, please visit our website: www.saasta.ac.za and then click on the National Youth Service Programme under Projects.
Human Resource Volunteer Department
South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement (SAASTA)
1st Floor Didacta Building
211 Nana Sita Street
Please email your detailed cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the screening outcomes. Candidates who have not been contacted within three months after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. All travel and relocation costs will be for the candidates’ own expenses.
All enquiries: Bongiwe Mahlangu Tel: (012) 392 9300
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Crest Chemicals, a division of AECI, would like to appoint 2 unemployed Learners to train in a Business Administration (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. The training will involve both Business Administration theory and a practical component at Crest in Midrand
AECI is an explosives and specialty chemicals company domiciled in South Africa. Group businesses service the mining and manufacturing sectors both locally and internationally. The focus for growth is on Africa, South America and South East Asia. AECI’s businesses are characterised by application know-how and service delivery. They often operate in niche markets and are supported by leading technology which is developed in-house or is sourced from international partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Business Admin learnership will require that the candidate attend all theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre located at Chem-Park, Chloorkop.
- Candidates to attend classes seven days per month for ten months.
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the Training Centre and practical training.
- Undertake overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 3 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematical Literacy / Mathematics / English – Accounting would be advantageous).
- Age group 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
How to apply
Closing date is 29 September 2017. Click here to apply online
The Nestlé Bursaries Programme is an initiative that the company invests in as it is a feeder into their business talent pipeline for various functional streams. Each year Nestlé South Africa welcomes students from around the country to this programme.
The aims of the programme to ensure a steady supply of skilled talent to meet Nestlé’s future talent needs and to address skills shortages within the South African context. It will provide financial assistance to individuals, with a focus on previously disadvantaged people, who plan to pursue a full-time course of study at accredited educational institutions in South Africa.
This bursary programme provides for the support of South African students to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution up to an undergraduate level depending on the duration of the qualification.
In order to be eligible for these bursaries, the student must be studying in the following areas:
Technical and Production
Finance and Control
Health Science and Nutrition
How to apply
Applications close on 30 September 2017. Click here to apply online
Late applications will not be considered. If you have not received any correspondence by the 15th of December 2016, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
If you have any queries please direct them to Mrs. Mamello Makoane on Mamello.Makoane@za.nestle.com