Home » University Applications
Category Archives: University Applications
APPLICATIONS FOR SECOND SEMESTER 2017 INTAKE
In order to ensure adequate time for processing and testing by NMMU and yourself, applications for the 2017 second semester should be submitted by the latest 31 May 2017. In addition, places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application early. Please refer to the “2017 – 2nd Semester intake and qualification guidelines document” prior to applying, as a limited number of qualification(s) are open for the second semester intake.
Early applications: 31 May 2017 (no fee)
Late applications: 01 June 2017 to 20 June 2017 (no fee)
To apply for a 2017 second semester qualification please apply here, as online applications are NOT open for second semester applications. Only manual applications (hard copy) will be considered for possible admission. Please ensure that you have familiarised yourself with the specific admission requirements, prior to applying.
APPLICATIONS FOR ACADEMIC ADMISSION: 2018 JANUARY INTAKE
Online applications for NMMU’s 2018 January intake are now open. In order to ensure adequate time for processing, testing, portfolios, interviews and planning by NMMU and yourself, applications for admission in 2018 should be submitted before 1 August 2017. In addition, places for some qualifications are limited; it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application early.
BTech & Advanced Diploma applications
NMMU students who are currently completing either a Diploma or National Diploma (NDip) at NMMU and would like to apply for these qualifications are required to only complete the “BTech and Advanced Diploma Application Form”. The completed form must be submitted to the admissions office before 1 August 2017 (no supporting documentation required). Prospective students who have already completed their diploma studies either at NMMU or elsewhere, and opted to enter the work force or take a gap year before commencing their BTech/Advanced Diploma studies, would need to complete an “online application form” and submit certified copies of their ID, academic record and certificate of conduct along with other documentation in order for their applications to be considered. Applications close on 1 August 2017 and no application fee is required.
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
First Semester 2018 (February): 31 October (Application fee of R500)
Master’s and doctoral degrees by research candidates can apply at any time of the year – application is free. Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form (U24) in addition to the standard Postgraduate application form.
If you are planning to study at Tshwane University of Technology, read further below to find out how to study at this university of technology.
You must have a valid e-mail address to make use of the electronic application.
The Closing Dates for Applications:
- 15 May for courses that start in July of the same year.
- 15 June for Correctional Services Management, Dental Technology, Biomedical Technology, B Tech Nursing, Medical
Orthotics and Prosthetics, Policing, Pharmacy and Radiography, Road Traffic
and Municipal Police Management: Municipal and Traffic Policing.
- 15 June for all international applicants
- 31 July Agriculture: Animal Production, Agriculture: Commercial Mixed Farming, Agriculture: Crop Production, Agriculture: Development and Extension, Analytical Chemistry, Architecture: Professional, Dental Assisting, Biokinetics, Biotechnology, Business Communication, Clinical Technology, Economic Management Analysis, Engineering: Civil, (B Tech’s), Engineering: Chemical, Engineering: Metallurgical, Environmental Health, Fire Technology, Geology, International Communication, Journalism, Legal Assistance, Nature Conservation, Officiating and Coaching Science, Project Management, Public Relations Management, Quality, Sport and Exercise Technology, Somatology, Three-Dimensional Design, Veterinary Technology, all qualifications in the Arts Faculty and Education.
- 30 September for all other courses.
A non-refundable administration fee of R240 must accompany this application.
Please write B102/0120 in the reference column, and the first ten digits of your identity number. The original deposit slip should be uploaded onto the system.
Certified copies of all document should be uploaded on the system either at Certificate Seen or School Leaving subjects.
Already in possession of a reference/student number?
Please log in under the heading “Registered Users” by entering your reference/student number and pin. If you are not in possession of your pin please click on “Request A Pin”. If you receive a message no e-mail address available please click on “Contact Us” and send your reference/student number and e-mail address to us and we will update your information.
Further important information regarding the application process is available.
Download TUT 2018 Prospectus
Applications open on 1 April of the year proceeding the year of study and close on 30 September at 12:00 noon. You may apply online at www.uj.ac.za and follow a link to Apply@UJ, or you may download the application form, which should either be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre or mailed to the University.
Please note: All applicants are advised not to send cash by mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorised persons.
UJ has TWO different methods of applying. You have the option to choose only ONE of the following:
ONLINE Web Application = FREE Click Here
OFFLINE Paper Application = R200 (click here to download the hard copy application form)
- Applicants applying online may not subsequently apply using a paper-based application.
- Please note that receiving a UJ student number (reference number) does not imply you are a student until you have officially registered.
- Incomplete applications may result in the delay of finalisation of your application.
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via email/sms. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements for a specific programme does not necessarily guarantee admission to that particular programme.
- A token may be issued by certain Faculties/Departments for Continuing Education Programmes or Study Abroad applicants. Please enter the token when requested as part of the online application. This will assist you in applying for the correct programmes/s which you are interested in studying.
- Online application related enquiries may be sent via email to email@example.com or you may contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.
- To verify or update your email address please contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555
Qualifications phasing out and articulation/progression routes
Please click HERE to download a full list of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications that will be phasing out. This list also contains articulation/progression routes for thes phased out/phasing out qualifications.
Download UJ 2018 Prospectus
How to Get a University Degree Studying from Home in Record Time
Unisa is a great way to obtain any form of qualification to improve your job opportunity and worth to a company. It doesn’t hinder your lifestyle too much and is easy on the pocket compared to other universities and institutions. Expanding your education is never a bad idea. Do some research and find a course that suits you. You’re never too old and it’s never too late to study.
I’m sure most of you have heard about the University of South Africa, more commonly known as Unisa. Unisa has grown in popularity over the past couple of years and has become the top choice for the working class. They offer internationally recognised degrees, diplomas and certificates. All of which are offered as distance learning courses.
Who is Unisa?
Unisa is a distance learning institution. They have campuses and examination centres situated across South Africa, Africa and some examination centres in major cities across the globe. They offer a variety of courses. These courses are generally more theoretical and don’t have a practical aspect to it. Which means that some science and human life science courses would not be offered. A very popular practical course that they do offer is education. Click here to view their faculties and courses that they offer.
Why pick Unisa?
Unisa is perfect for any person who wants to work while studying and for those who can’t afford the high cost of studying full time at a university of private institution. You can work from the comfort of your home and in your own time. You can choose to study full time or part time. If you choose part time, you will be given a certain number of years to complete your degree. The amount of time you get depends on the length of the course that you choose. Go to University of South Africa Website.
Based on Unisa’s application and selection process, you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in 2018 even if you meet the general academic admission requirements for a qualification.
Unisa will assess your application, which includes the points score system. You may be offered a place for 2018 based on the following: whether you meet the academic admission requirements for your qualification of choice, your minimum points score and the number of places available for the qualification for which you have applied.
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
Online & self-help applications
The application period for the 2018 academic year will open in August 2017.
Application outcome success
Unisa will inform you that your application for the 2018 academic year was successful and the qualification for which you have been accepted.
Unisa will send you the necessary information once you have confirmed acceptance of Unisa’s offer. If you receive more than one offer from Unisa, please confirm which offer you are accepting.
Application: Click Here
Registration: Click Here