The National Department of Tourism invites applications for bursaries from unemployed South African undergraduate and postgraduate students for the 2018 academic year in the following fields of study:
- Communications (Graphic / Web Design)
- Computer Science
- Construction Project Management (Management of Tourism Infrastructure: Regulations, Procedures and Monitoring)
- Environmental Management
- Enterprise Management
- Finance / Accounting
- Heritage, Culture and Tourism (Creative Industries)
- Internal Auditing
- Tourism Management (Destination Development)
- Risk Management
- Social Science (Specialising in Moniring and Evaluation)
Requirements: • Be South African citizens • Be studying at an accredited South African Educational Institution in one of the above-mentioned fields of study • Be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department • Do counter-service in the Department upon completion of the qualification and not have any other bursary funding.
How to Apply
• Application forms (to fill in using a computer) or Application forms (to fill by hand)• Application forms must be posted or hand delivered by no later than 24 November 2017 • Applicants must complete the Departmental bursary application form and attach certified copies of qualifications, recent academic records, Identity Document, proof of registration, proof of guardian’s income, and motivational letter • Application forms should not be faxed or e-mailed • Correspondence will be limited to the successful candidates.
Ms Kgomotso Taunyane, tel: (012) 444-6164
Mr Lucky Shiviti, tel: (012) 444-6172
Ms Rudzani Ramulongo, tel: (012) 444-6187
Applications must be directed to the Director-General, Private Bag X424, Pretoria 0001, or hand delivered to: Tourism House, 17 Trevena Street, Sunnyside, for the attention of Mr Ignatius Ngoveni.
No faxed or e-mail applications will be considered.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017