The Eastern Cape Department of Health invites applications for the following nurse training programmes at Lilitha College of Nursing:
- Post Basic Diplomas in Nursing Science (Regulation 212): Clinical Health Assessment, Treatment and Care (PHC), Advanced Midwifery and Neonatal Care (Centralised and Decentralized programmes), Community Nursing Science, Child Nursing Science, Operating Theatre, Critical Care, Orthopedic Nursing Science, Ophthalmic Nursing Science.
- Basic Diplomas: Four Year Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery (Regulation 425) course leading to Registration as a Nurse (General, Community, Psychiatry and Midwifery),
- One Year Midwifery (Regulation 254) and Diploma in General Nursing (Bridging Course for qualified Enrolled Nurses) Regulation 683
Applicant must be young, compassionate and caring individuals who are passionate about nursing and wish to start their career in Nursing Profession in the Eastern Cape Province or upgrade their current nursing status (having been granted Study Leave by the current Employer).
- A well written application letter, Application forms which are available at the nearest campus and online.
Accompanied by the following documents:
- Certified copy of a valid grade 12 certificate with aggregate D or E (from 720 and above) – old certificate and meet minimum requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree
or diploma for the new certificate.
- Certified copy of 2016 Grade 11 end of the year report or term 1 Grade 12 report for candidates who are still doing Grade 12.
- The certificate or report must have the following subject as they are compulsory: English Level 3 and above/E symbol – old certificate and Biology (Life Sciences) Level 4 and
above/D symbol – old certificates, other science subjects will be an added advantage as the Admission Point System (with minimum points of 18) will be utilized to select these
- Certified copy of study leave or letter from supervisor indicating that study leave is being processed for government employees.
- Certified copy of identity document
- Certified copy of a marriage certificate for married candidates
- Curriculum vitae with reliable contact numbers and clear physical address indicating the town/farm/village of origin AS A CATCHMENT AREA
- An original bank copy of a R50.00 deposit slip (as proof of having deposited the R50.00 non-refundable application fee to:
Account Name : Lilitha College of Nursing
Bank : First National Bank
Branch : Bhisho
Account Number : 62407182229
Branch Code : 210619
Reference : APP – Name and Surname
NB: A NON REFUNDABLE LATE APPLICATION FEE OF R120 IS PAYABLE AFTER THE CLOSING DATE: 06 MAY 2017 TO 31 MAY 2017.
- For Post Basic Diploma, and One Year Diploma in Midwifery applicants must attach copy of the current South African Nursing Council license to practice, and must have been exposed in the specialist field/discipline applying for;
- Age limit for the Four Year Diploma Regulation 425 for those who are currently not practicing as nurses is 17-35 years on registration with Lilitha College of Nursing, and for
those who are practicing as nurses is 45 years.
The courses will commence on:
- Diploma in General Nursing (Bridging Course) : Regulation 683: 01 June 2017 and 01 January 2018;
- Diploma in Nursing Science (general, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwifery: Regulation 425: 01 February 2018;
- Post Basic Diplomas: Regulation 212: 01 March 2018,
Faxed and emailed applications will not be processed.
Enquiries: MS S Ngwenze @043 700 9717
How to apply
Closing date is 05 May 2017
Your application must be sent to one main/sub campus nearest to your place of residence:
- MTHATHA CAMPUS – Umthatha Main Campus – Mthatha General
Hospital, Private Bag X 5014, Umthatha, 5099
Sub-campus for bridging course: Dr Malizo Mpehle Sub-campus in Tsolo
- EAST LONDON CAMPUS – Frere Site, Lennox Road, Amalinda, Private Bag X 9023, East London, 5200
Sub-campus for bridging course: Victoria Sub Campus in Alice, Tafalofefe , Sub Campus in Centane, Madwaleni and Elliotdale
- QUEENSTOWN CAMPUS – Queenstown Campus Lilitha – Frontier Hospital, Queenstown Health Resource Centre, Private Bag X 7063, Queenstown, 5320
Sub-campus for bridging course: Umlamli/Emplisweni Cluster Sub Campus in Sterkspruit
- PORT ELIZABETH CAMPUS (OLD SHIRLEY CRIBB NURSING COLLEGE BUILDING) – 58 Park Drive, Central, Port Elizabeth, 6000
Sub-campus for bridging course: Dora Nginza in Port Elizabeth, Andries Vosloo in Somerset East, Settlers in Grahamstown, Midlands in Graaf Reinet
- LUSIKISIKI CAMPUS – St Elizabeth Hospital, Private Bag X 1007 Lusikisiki, 4802
Sub-campus for bridging course: Madzikane kaZulu in Mt Frere