Macmillan Education South Africa is seeking an Intern to join the Finance Department on a twelve month internship/workplace experience programme.
Finance Intern – Macmillan Education
Macmillan Education is a place where vibrant minds meet. We’re a trusted education brand and our core values are to be Passionate, Supportive and Inventive in everything we do.
We’ve been around for a while (since 1843), but that doesn’t mean that we’re old fashioned. We consider ourselves to be confident, self-assured, entrepreneurial and, especially, ground breaking!
We’re in the business of helping people learn and to better their lives through education, and as a result we look for individuals who are not just passionate about education, but also about making a difference.
As the publishers and marketers of quality textbooks and educational support materials, we aim to transform learning through discovery.
- Matric with mathematics and accounting/bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping diploma/degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements, especially VAT
- Desire to continually develop
- Maintaining the financial records by accurately recording the day to day creditors and cashbook transactions and ensuring invoices are properly allocated
- Loading payments to creditors and reconciling the bank and accounts payable to supporting bank and creditors’ statements
- Assist in reconciling the Trade Supplier Accounts for the group
- Assist in managing the Cash Books and Cash Flow for the group
- Assist when reconciling balance sheet accounts for the group, including the reconciliation of GL with all the sub-modules
- Assist to generate Monthly Standard and Correction GL Journals and submit it for posting
How to Apply
Closing: 3 April 2018
If you have not been contacted within a three week period of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: In terms of meeting the company’s goals with respect to Employment Equity, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.