Distell invites applications are invited to apply for the 12 month learnership NQF 3: National Certificate – Food & Beverage Packaging Operations based at Nederburg site in Paarl and the Greenpark site in Epping. Acquiring this qualification will enable an individual to perform basic operations on an automated food & beverage packaging line within set requirements of a manufacturing unit. Distell is a multinational brewing and beverage company that produces and markets spirits, fine wines, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs).
Free Online Courses
1.Diploma in Digital Marketing
2.Diploma in Nutrition
3.Diploma in Financial Trading and Investment
4.Diploma in Graphic Design
5.Diploma in Health and Fitness
6.Diploma in Web Development
7.Diploma in Weight Loss
8.Diploma in Photoshop
9.Diploma in Sports Nutrition
10.Diploma in App Development
11.Diploma in Photography
12.Written English for Emails and Online Communications
At the completion of the programme the learner would be able to demonstrate understanding and be competent in the operation of the following processes:
- Demonstrating an understanding of basic machine operations in a manufacturing and or packaging environment.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the concept Microbiology in a food handling environment.
- Monitoring critical control points (CCP’S) as an integral part of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system.
- Performing quality control practices in a food or sensitive consumer product operation.
- Competence in performing operations in the following processes on an automated food & beverage packaging line: (Rinsing, Filling, Sealing, Labelling & Depalletizing)
- Performing first line maintenance.
- Applying problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and the ability to interpret and use information.
- Demonstrating basic mathematical literacy.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant experience within a production/high-speed packaging environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and under pressure.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the Learnership.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts and overtime as part of workplace training when required.
Smart Making Money Now
Get Paid To Complete Surveys
Make Money On Your Smartphone
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a formal assessment
How to apply
Applications close on 03 November 2017.