Distell invites applications are invited to apply for the 12 month learnership NQF 3: National Certificate – Food & Beverage Packaging Operations based at Nederburg site in Paarl and the Greenpark site in Epping. Acquiring this qualification will enable an individual to perform basic operations on an automated food & beverage packaging line within set requirements of a manufacturing unit. Distell is a multinational brewing and beverage company that produces and markets spirits, fine wines, ciders and ready-to-drinks (RTDs).
<<Register for a Free Course>>
<<Enroll and Study for free now>>
<<Choose One Free Course Here>>
At the completion of the programme the learner would be able to demonstrate understanding and be competent in the operation of the following processes:
- Demonstrating an understanding of basic machine operations in a manufacturing and or packaging environment.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the concept Microbiology in a food handling environment.
- Monitoring critical control points (CCP’S) as an integral part of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system.
- Performing quality control practices in a food or sensitive consumer product operation.
- Competence in performing operations in the following processes on an automated food & beverage packaging line: (Rinsing, Filling, Sealing, Labelling & Depalletizing)
- Performing first line maintenance.
- Applying problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and the ability to interpret and use information.
- Demonstrating basic mathematical literacy.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant experience within a production/high-speed packaging environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and under pressure.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the Learnership.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts and overtime as part of workplace training when required.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a formal assessment
How to apply
Applications close on 03 November 2017.