The successful candidate will be working in a small, fast-moving editorial team to produce useful, entertaining and emotive online food content (sometimes on the fly, sometimes days or weeks ahead). The successful candidate must have a relevant qualification and a passion for food.
- A relevant qualification in journalism, media studies, communication or language.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
- Cooking experience or qualification a plus.
- Knowledge of SA restaurant industry a plus – celebrity chefs, top restuarants etc.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small
- Meticulous editor, perfectionist, obsessive attention to detail, maddened by typos and broken links, delighted by finding and fixing them
- Keenly interested in, and engaged with social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest
- Loves problem-solving and collaborating to drive Food24 forward
- Familiar with the Food24 editorial voice and aesthetic
- Loading and editing recipes and food/drink/restaurant articles into the content management system
- Sourcing and resizing images (experience in Photoshop is a huge advantage!)
- Conceiving and writing short original articles and posts: recipe roundups and features about the goings-on in the greater food/drink/restaurant community
- Aggregating of articles on a day to day basis
- Creating visually appealing videos on Wotchit
- Being part of team brain-storming sessions around new content ideas and formats
How to Apply
Closing date: 5 March 2018