Graduates Internship Programme at SKA. Extended Internship Opportunities for Engineering & Science Graduates: The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) that incorporates the SKA SA project wishes to recruit bright, young and enthusiastic graduates into its organization
Closing Date: 16 June 2018
Location: Cape Town
Only South African citizens are eligible with one of the following academic qualifications:
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer Engineering
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Light Current Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and/or Radio Frequency Engineering
- In final year of a Bachelor of Mechanical / Electromechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
- Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Astronomy / Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or in Physics with an interest in software development
Before applying for the Graduates Internship Programme :
- Students will be assessed through a hands-on practical session that will take place at the SARAO Cape Town offices from 9 – 11 July 2018. This assessment forms part of the interview process. Dates for the assessment are non-negotiable. Travel for students outside the Western Cape will be subsidized. Successful students will be notified two weeks prior of their travel arrangements for the practical assessment.
- Successful students will be based in Cape Town for a period of up to 3 years, starting in January 2019.
- Students must intend carrying out a part-time Masters degree during the internship. This is a requirement of the internship.
Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF file to apply:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified South African ID document;
- Certified university transcripts;
- A maximum 300 words motivational letter stating why you should be selected.
How to Apply
Send your application to: email@example.com