Location: Cape Town
In this position, you will work with engineers on development and infrastructure projects that require teamwork and problem-solving capabilities.
To perform and coordinate engineering assignments designed to develop professional working knowledge, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria necessary to fulfil the experience requirement for licensure as a professional engineer; perform related work.
- Provide design assistance to the engineers for a variety of engineering projects.
- Perform calculations.
- Perform research on selected topics.
- Write technical reports and letters.
- Review construction sites and file inspection reports.
- Communicate with all parties involved in the project always in a timely manner.
- Assist the professional engineers in tasks as requested and be responsive and attentive to client’s needs.
- Perform engineering and project tasks relating to site implementation requirements
- Manage and assist with documentation
- Participate in HSEQ
- Assist and work with Project manager
- Participate in all aspects of project life cycle.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc / BEng or BTech in Mechanical / Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- A sound knowledge of AutoCAD or Solidworks
- Hard work ethic, works well in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills both oral a written
- Willing to learn through participation and work.