HR Officer Boland College
- 3-year tertiary qualification (or equivalent) in Labour Relations/Human Resource Management / Law;
- At least 3 years relevant experience;
- Knowledge in the following: National and Provincial instruments and legislation pertaining to human resources management with specific reference to the Public Service Amendment Act and Public Service Regulations; Labour Relations Act as well as other relevant labour relations prescripts;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting skills.
- Valid Driver’s License (Code B);
- Deadline driven;
- The successful incumbent must possess the following personal attributes: Innovative, pragmatic, creative, self-motivated, assertive and objective
- Manage Industrial/Employment Relations
- Manage Employment Equity functions
- Manage the Recruitment, Selection and Appointment functions
- Manage the Employee Wellness (EAP) process
- Perform Reporting functions relevant to the allocated functions
- Oversee audits relevant to the allocated functions
- Supervise HR staff allocated to the function
Permanent position subject to 12 months’ probation
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from our website and must be accompanied by a covering letter and updated CV inclusive of three (3) contactable references, certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all qualifications with academic transcripts, I.D document and driver’s license.
Please indicate reference number of the post which you are applying for on your application form. Candidates who apply for more than one post, should complete a separate application form for each post.
Only original application forms hand delivered or posted will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date as well as those faxed or emailed will NOT be accepted. Applications must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Head Office, Boland College, Private Bag X5068, Stellenbosch 7599.
Appointment will be made in line with DHET’s Employment Equity Plan. If you have not heard from us within 60 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. DHET reserves the right not to make an appointment
Number of positions available
40 hours per week
As soon as possible
R281 418 per annum plus benefits: A thirteenth cheque and Pension (admission to the Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) is compulsory). Employees may also be eligible to receive a Home owner’s housing allowance and the employer’s medical aid subsidy. Details regarding the fringe benefits are available on request.
How to Apply
04 June 2018
Human Resources Manager
Contact Person’s Email
Additional Contact Info
021 886 7111