||Human Resources Officer
||KIA Motors South Africa (Pty) Ltd
|Job Type Classification
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Province/Area
||Main purpose of the Job:
Assist the Human Resources Manager in maintaining the sound management of the division’s HR function and ensuring best practice is carried throughout the business.
To provide professional HR support to KIA Motors South Africa Management and staff, ensuring that HR practices and policies are aligned throughout the business.
To provide timeous human resources support through the execution of set work objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures.
||PROCESS AND GOVERNANCE
Deliver on agreed performance targets according to set procedures and service level agreements.
Execute work in line with governance and compliance processes.
Identify and apply known solutions to operational challenges and escalate unresolved issues.
Record and report on transactional activities to provide timely and accurate information for decision making in
area of accountability.
Adhere to legal compliance and applicable legislation to minimise company risk.
Advise on applicable employment legislation to minimize company risk.
Assist with employee contracts and forward all relevant documentation to Payroll
Assist with the review of policies and update accordingly.
Plan and administer human capital tasks in support of accurate employee information.
Plan for and administer human resources administrative tasks to support accurate employee data for
Provide support across all the HR disciplines as required.
Reconcile reports and distribute to relevant stakeholders (accidents, disciplinary etc.) to assist with decision
Execute work activities effectively and efficiently in order to maximise financial performance.CLIENT/CUSTOMER
Deliver services and/or products that create a culture which aims to meet or exceed customers’ expectations in the business.
Deliver work activities effectively to satisfy customers.PEOPLE
Attend learning initiatives to improve work quality and enhance own skills.
Own and live up to company values.
|Specific Role Responsibilities
||Key Accountabilities :
• HR Assistance and advice provided to all Dealerships
• Drafting disciplinary charges and scheduling disciplinary hearings
• Notifying Managers of when the hearings have been scheduled for and ensuring that they are aware of the procedure to be followed.
• Ensuring judgments for disciplinary hearings are received by H.R. within 48 hours, that they are correct and then sending the judgments through to the relevant Managers together with the necessary disciplinary documents + procedure to follow.
• Compiling all DRC case packs correctly for all participants following an index order.
• Objecting to Con/arb matters and ensuring that the Applicant and DRC receive copies of such.
• Applying for postponements to DRC matters, when necessary.
• Constant interacting with & building relationships with Trade Unions (MISA + NUMSA) as well as with MIBCO (Motor Industry Bargaining Council).
• Flagging all employees who have been dismissed/absconded on the Imperial Flagging System.
• Checking whether individuals have been flagged before offers are made.
• Dealer Visits (all Gauteng dealerships) to ensure that they comply with the law regarding legal posters etc. On-site HR Assistance.
• Ordering Acts and Regulations posters for all dealerships.
• Drawing of monthly reports for different divisions, including EE, demographics, staff turnover, termination reasons, DRC and Disciplinary Matters etc.
• Constant review and updating of Job profiles , KPI’s and structures in line with business requirements.
• Assist with Compilation of documents for Employment Equity submission
• Follow up with Dealer network to ensure that individual staff development plans
are being implemented.
• Participating in the EE committee meetings.
• Onboarding of Head office staff
• Verification of Retail staff on the onboarding system
Ad hoc duties
• Scheduling Health and Safety training for Gauteng dealers quarterly.
• Ensuring that employees who will be reaching retirement age in the near future, are given notice to retire/that they will be placed on contract done once a year.
• Drug Testing throughout dealer network and advising on action/disciplinary action that needs to be followed on an ad-hoc basis.
• Scheduling relevant Training when needed for line management.
• Scheduling potential Managers for Assessments with Imperial.
• Long Service Certificates and Monetary Awards done once a year.
Performance Management System:
• Assist with creating logins for new Managers on the system
• Map relevant staff to the new Manager
• Follow up on appraisals not done timeously
• Follow up on Personal Development Plans to see if the development areas identified are being worked on.
• Assist with uploading various courses, identified by HR and Line Management onto appraisal website for staff development.
• Assist with booking staff on relevant course and maintaining a register of who attends the various prescribed courses. (EE purposes)
• Provide quarterly reports on Appraisal scores.
Exit interview system:
• Report on trends on info received via system
• Follow up with dealer network to ensure that staff complete the interview during their notice period.
Kia induction website
• Follow up and ensure that new recruits complete the on-line induction.
• Facilitate a PDC and Training centre tour for new staff
• Maintain and update relevant aging info on the website
• Update medical brochures and applications as & when needed.
|Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant experience
• Relevant Degree or Diploma
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced excel
• Working HR generalist experience
• Must have at least 2 years Industrial Relations experience
|Skills and Personal Attributes
Persistence and Tenacity
Planning and Organising
Results OrientationTECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
Knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures
Organisational excellence and productivity culture
Social Media Expertise
Uphold Ethics and Values
View this email in your browser.
LIFE’S INTERRUPTIONS SHOULDN’T DETER
Get your National Diploma qualification online. Damelin Online offers
you academic and technical support throughout your learning journey.
Human Resources Management and Practices
SABPP Accredited | 249 Credits | SAQA ID: 61592
10 Modules (2 years) | Academic Support
Labour Relations Practice: Dispute Resolution
SABPP Accredited | 240 Credits | SAQA ID: 93994
8 Modules (2 years) | Academic Support
Start when you want to. Pause when you need to.
Pick up where you left off.
Grade 12 (Std. 10) or equivalent NQF 5 qualification or 4 years’ verifiable and relevant working experience.
Disclaimer: Your application will be validated subject to you meeting the academic requirements before you may commence the course
(Visited 516 times, 1 visits today)