The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Provide administrative and logistical support in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of Academic Staff and Leadership training workshops and events.
· Provide support towards the design and development of material and resources for Academic Staff and Leadership Development.
· Provide support towards the design and development of an online portal for Academic Staff and Leadership Development.
· Provide administrative support within CTL towards human resource processes/procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word and MS Excel and PowerPoint.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
· Ability to function effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Ability to work accurately.
· Relevant Degree such as Management and Administration, Industrial Psychology, Human Resource Management and/or Training and Development.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
· Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
· Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
· Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
· Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9339/3934.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
· a detailed curriculum vitae;
· copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
· a copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self Service, Recruiting, and Careers to apply online.
Closing date:07 April 2017