Type of Contract: 12 Months
Purpose of the job: To provide administrative and accounting support to the finance team and carry out other finance related duties as maybe be requested by the Finance Team.
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The Finance intern will directly assist the busy finance team with a wide range of projects related to reporting, auditing, and accounts reconciliations. Under the guidance of the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant, the Finance Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to provide finance and administrative support that ensures high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. She or He will also have an opportunity to work in close collaboration with the Finance team to learn, exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern shall perform, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Provide administrative and finance support
- Assistance in the review supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Support in assets management in the MSF Southern Africa office and for the periodic inventory exercises
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Perform any other related tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- Some experience with computerised accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Be a student majoring in accounting/finance
Remuneration and resources
- Resources needed such as working space, computer, internet, stationery and other resources will be made available
- The intern will be contracted as an intern and will receive an hourly stipend.
Please include your CV together with a letter of motivation. The application deadline is 19 April 2019. PLEASE NOTE: Applications without motivation letters will not be considered.
This position will commence on 1st May 2019.