The Life Healthcare Group has a Pharmacist Assistant learnership for an unemployed person at Life Westville Hospital in Durban. The successful candidate will contribute to effective functioning and co-ordination of the Pharmacy and will report to the Senior Pharmacist and the Tutor.
- Supplying of medication to the wards and theatre on requisitions and assist with management of all pharmaceuticals within the hospital under supervision of a pharmacist
- Controlling inventory (ethical and surgical). Ordering stock as per LHC protocol.
- Assisting in aggressively managing dead stock in the hospital.
- Ensuring that the security protocols are adhered to.
- Maintaining highly ethical and professional standards.
- Stock-take, cycle counts and investigation of variances
- Unpacking ethical and surgical stock, checking expiries and invoices
- Work allocated shifts over weekends and public holidays
- Grade 12 with mathematics and science
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills are essential, as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure as part of a team, excellent communication skills and precise and meticulous work.
- Service-orientated personality
- Availability – immediate
How to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.