The interns also participated in a variety of local productions, including Idols SA, Isibaya, Carte Blanche, Binnelanders, Getroud Met Rugby and Igazi, as well as worked on Happiness is a Four-Letter Word, a successful original South African movie.
Magic in Motion Academy CSI Internship Programme
What is the criteria for interns to be selected to be part of the M-Net Magic in Motion Academy?
Our partnerships with South Africa’s top producers and production companies enables students to gain in-depth and wide-ranging experience of the industry.
This internship means our academy graduates are more likely to find positions within South African production companies, or become independent entrepreneurs after successfully completing the 12-month course.
In this way M-Net’s Magic in Motion Academy acts as a springboard from tertiary institutions and film schools into the profession.
Entry criteria to the Magic in Motion Academy is:
- Must have completed (in 2016) or are completing (in 2017), a 3-year diploma/degree in a film, TV or a related field.
- Must have obtained or obtain a minimum C-aggregate pass.
- All applicant information will be subject to credit, criminal and verification checks.
- M-Net’s selection decision for the Magic in Motion Academy Class of 2018 is final.
- M-Net shall not be responsible for any electronic failure that results in an entry not being received for consideration.
- M-Net is not liable for the costs any applicant incurs during the process of their entry (example: airtime usage or payment at Wi-Fi café).
- Applicants must ensure that all information included in their entry is valid and true.
- M-Net has the right to expand, limit, downscale and/or terminate the Magic in Motion Academy at its sole discretion.
- Entry is limited to those who meet the stated entry criteria.
- 2017 Magic in Motion Academy interns are prohibited from being selected again.
- There is no guarantee of employment at the end of the internship.
- Internships are only available in Gauteng, South Africa and to South African citizens.
- M-Net reserves the right to terminate any internship at any time.
By training employable contributors to the economy, our CSI initiative helps reduce the high youth unemployment rate in the country.