The Motsepe Foundation was established in 1999 by business leader Patrice Motsepe and his wife, Dr Precious Motsepe.
The principal aim and object of the Motsepe Foundation is to establish a fund and organisation to provide funding and support for charitable, educational, religious, healthcare and other philanthropic projects and initiatives in order to fight poverty and improve the social and economic conditions of the poor, unemployed and marginalised persons and communities.For the 2015 academic year, The Motsepe Foundation awarded bursaries to 375 students from the 26 District Municipality/ Metro-Motsepe Foundation Development Forums which have been established around the country.
Students who wish to be considered for a bursary for the 2018 academic year are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to the 26 District Municipality/ Metro-Motsepe Foundation Development Forums which have been established around the country.
Please note that the Motsepe Foundation is currently revising the guidelines for educational financial assistance. The new guidelines will be made available in due time. Below are last year’s requirements to give you an idea what to expect.
Smart Making Money Now
Get Paid To Complete Surveys
Make Money On Your Smartphone
- The applicant must be a South African Citizens applying to study within South Africa.
- The applicant must have proof of financial need.
- The applicant must have 70% Pass aggregate, excluding Life Orientation. For Grade 12 students a certified copy of June results or matric certificate is required. And for enrolled university applicants, a certified copy of the academic record is required.
- Intended to pursue courses related to: Mathematics, Medical studies, Sciences, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Technology and Business studies. Students intending to study in other faculties like Law, Agriculture, and Arts with excellent academic results will also be considered.
- The applicant must not have another diploma/degree.
- The applicant is not allowed to have another sponsor.
How to apply
Applications close on 14 October 2017. Click here to download the application form.
For any queries please call the office on 011 324 1500. The foundation’s main office is based at 29 Impala Rd, Chislehurston, Sandton 2146, or you can also send them a fax at 086 533 3127