The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all graduate programmes offer the same deal: the opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build relationships that will stay with you for life.
Our graduate training programme is underpinned by a development framework that broadens and deepens your knowledge. You’ll learn from hands-on coaching and an outstanding variety of work. You’ll gain business, personal and technical skills you can use across the business and throughout your career.
All our people need to demonstrate skills and behaviours that will support us in implementing our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework: The PwC Professional.
The SAIPA learnership is aimed at candidates who want to qualify as a professional accountant. It runs in conjunction with the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA). Students on this programme serve their articles over three years in our Assurance line of service, specialising in accounting. Professional accountants (SA) build strong relationships and a thorough understanding of each of their clients. They are able to offer advice that is closely tailored to each client’s business and its needs, addressing challenges as well as anticipating and creating opportunities for success.
To apply for the SAIPA learnership programme:
- You should have completed or be in the process of completing your accounting degree with a recognised institution
- You must be willing to enter into a three-year training contract and eventually qualify as a professional accountant
Skills and behaviours we are looking for
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Computer literate – good knowledge of Pastel, MS Word and MS Excel
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Sound administration skills
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
- Capture transactions in accounting records
- Perform reconciliations
- Bookkeeping to balance sheet
- Prepare financial statements
- Perform tax calculations and complete tax returns
- Complete VAT returns
- Perform general accounting functions according to PwC methodologies
- Assist managers with various client matters, including administrative work
Trainees will have the opportunity to perform all activities related to the accounting function.
We know that the skills and experiences you gain with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We’ll help you to reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.