DHET is currently offering vacancies for a Receptionist and Project Administrator. Matric is compulsory for both fields.
RECEPTIONIST (DHET) REF NO: 56/04/2017
Chief Directorate: Finance
SALARY : R152 862 per annum, Level 05
CENTRE : Pretoria, Head Office
- A National Senior Certificate/Grade 12 or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) Level 4 certificate An appropriate diploma or equivalent qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage coupled which at least 1-2 years’ receptionist, switchboard operator or call centre agent experience.
- Candidates that have 3 years or more frontline receptionist experience will have an added advantage.
- This receptionist position is the face of the National Skills Fund at head office and requires an individual that is welcoming, presentable, professional and friendly in appearance.
- The candidate must be fluent in English. Further skills requirements relates to excellent communication and interpersonal skills, administrative skills, time management skills, planning and organising skills.
- The incumbent must be client orientated, customer focused, responsive and proactive.
- Good computer skills and a valid driver’s license are requirements.
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR REF NO: DHET 32/04/2017
Component: Training Of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
Campus Managers Project
(Contract Position until 31 March 2019).
Contract Post: The Project Administrator will be appointed on a fixed-term contract for a period of two years and will report to the Project Manager.
The Project Administrator will enter into an annual performance contract with the Department.
SALARY : R152 862 per annum plus 37% service benefits
CENTRE : Pretoria, Head Office
- A post matric qualification in administration or an equivalent qualification at NQF Level 6.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Process and documentation driven.
- Ability to organize effectively and prioritize own workload MS Office advanced proficiency – Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants will be required to take a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your application, quoting the reference number to: the directorgeneral, department of higher education and training, private bag X174, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to: 123 Francis Baard street (former Schoeman street) Pretoria.
CLOSING DATE : 12 May 2017
NOTE : Applications must be submitted on Z83 form obtainable from any public service department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents and must be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive cv (with three contactable references and certified copies of all qualifications, identity document (id) not older than three months, including drivers licence (where it is required).
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African qualification authority (SAQA) and the evaluation certificate from SAQA must be attached.
Failure to sign Z83 and submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
Candidates whose appointments will promote representativity in terms of race, gender and disability will receive preference.
As of 1st July 2006, all new appointments in the public service have to be part of the government employee medical scheme (gems) in order to qualify for a government medical subsidy.
Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed applicants.
If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification).
Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes.
Applications received after the closing date or faxed and emailed applications will not be considered.
Note: All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo a compulsory competency assessment and will be required to sign an annual performance agreement, disclose his/her financial interest and be subjected to security clearance.