Sandvik is offering an IT graduate learnership opportunity at Jet Park in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this Learnership is to obtain workplace skills and professionalism (Business Etiquette) and to put into practice the theory you have been taught. The majority of Learners are placed in the department that correlates with their qualification. We aim to have clearly defined roles forLearners to ensure that the theoretical understanding gained whilst studying is tested and enhanced through practical application.
Sandvik is an engineering group in tooling, materials technology, mining and construction.
Key performance areas
- Be the first point of contact for our customers and provide IT support and service for users of the Sandvik IT environment.
- Perform investigation and diagnosis through phone, remote support and mail
- Log all calls and emails in the incident handling system
- Support users in the use of computer equipment and internal systems by providing necessary training and advice
- Resolving incidents/requests
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all Service Level Agreements
- Logging all relevant tickets with proper categorization and prioritization
- Escalating tickets that cannot be solved within in agreed timescales
- Closing solved tickets with customer confirmation
- Keep open communication with customers
- Work according to established processes and instructions
- Matric (Grade 12)
- National Diploma/ Degree in IT.
- The ability to work efficiently within a team environment and complete duties in an autonomous manner.
- Performance oriented and willing to make a positive contribution to team success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate, liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Commitment to excellence and timeliness in internal client service
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Must be able to work independently
- Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure for long periods.
How to apply
Applications close on 06 March 2017. Click here to apply online