Sappi seeks to place a suitability qualified Artisan Assistant to safely perform less complex maintenance tasks and should assist Artisans with complex maintenance tasks, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness. This positions is based at the Ngodwana Mill in Nelspruit.
Sappi is an integrated forest products company meeting the needs of domestic as well as international customers through a wide range of products
- Grade 12 or relevant NQF4 qualification with Maths and Science
- No Experience Required
- Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation experience will be advantageous
- Artisan Assistant is involved in the maintenance, repair and overhauling of equipment concerning Air-con, Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation workshop services
- Obtain License as “Authorized work man” as per Sappi Lock out Procedure and assist production personnel with isolation process where required
- Comply with legislation – (Safe handling of refrigerant and disposal of fluorescent tubes. Identifying, sorting and disposal of waste in correct waste streams.)
- Correct selection and use of tools for the job and maintenance there off.
- Obtain Licences for various mobile equipment as found on Ngodwana Mill site
- Assist Artisans with breakdowns and opportunity maintenance and perform tasks as per competency level.
- Move and transport of equipment in workplace
Key Skills and Competencies
Smart Making Money Now
Get Paid To Complete Surveys
Make Money On Your Smartphone
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Planning and Organising
- Safety conscious
How to apply
Applications close on 11 November 2016. Click here to apply online