Why should I take a short course?
Let’s take a closer look to what they have to offer and why you should enroll in such short skills programmes:
- You are interested in a field of study, other than the one you learn of at university. The high advantage of short courses is that they can be from technically any field, regardless of what you study right now. You can consider your chosen short course as an aid to specialize further or see your study from a different perspective or you can take an intensive look to a different field you see as a hobby and you are fond of. Either way, short courses involve freedom! Register for a free short course
- You may be short on time and money. This means you may be just fit for short courses. They are highly practical, so you can specialize in your field of interest, without a significant investment. Learning the new field will last less and require less money than a Bachelor’s or Master’s university programme.
- You work in an interdisciplinary field. You may have studied a certain field, but now the company you work in is specialized in a field where many disciplines are interrelated. This is highly possible nowadays. Let’s take, for example, an engineering company with its marketing department. Once you take a short course in marketing, you will feel more competent in your department. Register for a free short course
- You want a new element in your CV. The short course is an extra academic activity which will find its place in your CV and will enrich your experience. This is very useful especially if you are looking for a job or better opportunities.
- You can enjoy your free time. Although generally courses may not sound like activities for your free time, they usually include tours, outdoor workshops especially for summer courses and others. However, this is a productive way of spending a part of your vacation in the city where you study abroad. Register for a free short course