SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focusing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
THE CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER TRAINEE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Moving between SOS Family Homes, relieving residential Child and Youth Care Workers who are on leave or who require her assistance.
- Working together with the SOS as a “team” to provide the basic and developmental care for the children and Youth under their care.
- The Child and Youth Care Worker Trainee is an important member of the SOS Family, and should be a caring, understanding, mature and responsible figure, which the children & youth can see as their “role model”.
THE CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER TRAINEE WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Reside full-time with the children in her care.
- Act as an assistant to the senior Child and Youth Care Workers.
- Assist the senior Child and Youth Care Workers in ensuring the well-being of the Children & Youth.
- Support the senior Child and Youth Care Workers in guiding the children to take responsibility.
- Assist the senior Child and Youth Care Worker with household tasks.
- Be a supportive figure to the SOS children & youth.
- Prepare and Submit Monthly claims in respect of expenditures (Books)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A qualification in child and youth care from an accredited provider is an absolute requirement.
- 3 Years experience in working with children & youth
- A driver’s license would be an advantage.
- Administrative experience would be an advantage.
- Be willing to work irregular hours.
Apply before Friday, June 30, 2017
How to Apply