South African Breweries (SAB) invites applications for a Millwright Apprenticeship opportunity based at Rosslyn Production in Pretoria and Ibhayi Brewery in Port Elizabeth.
Key Purpose Statement
To acquire knowledge, skills and technical competencies in the respective engineering discipline in order to perform maintenance and troubleshooting tasks on plant equipment.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science (HG) or Technical Matric.
- National Technical certificate (N3) or higher in the relevant engineering discipline. Competencies:
- Must be a team player.
- High energy levels and action orientated.
- Mental alertness, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Conceptual skills
Output and Accountabilities
- Complete the 3-4 year apprentice programme as per SAB/ ABI / MERSETA requirements.
- Maintain, repair & optimise plant & associated devices under guidance of qualified Artisans/ Technicians.
- Work in teams.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and risk free working environment (level 1).
Suitable applicants will appear before a selection committee. After which the successful candidates will be required to attend at a Training Institute for practical training (at least 6 weeks per year). On-the-job training is provided at SAB Rosslyn.
How to apply