NFVF Bursary Programme 2019
The NFVF’s bursary programme is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film & TV professionals for global competitiveness through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered in South African tertiary institutions. The bursary will be awarded for the 2019 academic year and will be capped at R250 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture, was mandated to ensure the equitable growth of the South African film and video industry.
The NFVF does this by providing funding for the development, production, marketing and distribution of films and also the training and development of filmmakers.
n addition, the NFVF commissions research and produces industry statistics that provide both the public and stakeholders with valuable insights into the South African film industry.
In fulfilling this mandate, the NFVF would like to invite eligible applicants to apply for International Bursaries in Film and Television Post Graduate Studies.
The applicant must:
- Must apply six months before the course starts.
- Be a South African citizen or permanent SA resident.
- Have a good academic record
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance; and
- Enrolled at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for full-time studies; post-graduate film/TV programme (course must commence in September 2019)
- Funding will only be granted to courses that are not available in South Africa
- Live Performance or Acting courses do not qualify for this grant funding
- Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation stating why the applicant must be awarded a bursary together with all the supporting documents as indicated in the online application form.
- Failure to provide all requested information will lead to automatic disqualification of the application.
- No late applications will be considered.
- Should there be a change of contact details the onus is on the applicant to notify NFVF.
For further information, please consult the NFVF Funding Policy available on a link below.C
How to apply
Applicants need to register and complete the online application form using the following link: HERE
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2019 at 17h00 CAT.
Failure to submit all the mandatory requirements will result in an automatic disqualification.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.