Home » Posts tagged 'Chemical Learnerships'
Tag Archives: Chemical Learnerships
Senmin, a division AECI Mining Solutions, would like to appoint 16 unemployed Learners to train in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in the Sasolburg area.
Senmin supplies a range of chemicals used in the beneficiation of minerals. Most of its products are utilised in the froth flotation and tailings treatment segments of the mining industry in South Africa, Southern Africa and further afield. In addition, Senmin provides customers with value-adding expertise in the handling and dosage of its products.
AECI is a South African-based explosives and specialty chemicals company focused on providing products and services to a broad spectrum of customers in the mining, manufacturing and agricultural sectors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated in Sasolburg Complex for a period of approximately 2 months.
- Undertake Plant Operator experiential training with a Chemical Plant environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Age group 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Must reside in the Sasolburg area.
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
- Time keeping.
How to apply
Closing date is 28 November 2017. Click here to apply online