Department of Defence is looking for a finance clerk, send your applications. First ask yourself these questions. Do you have Grade 12 with Finance and Accounting related subject? This is a great opportunity to get into government.
Department of Defence Finance Clerk Vacancy
FINANCE CLERKS (X3 POSTS)
This is a re-advertisement (PSVC 13 of 2018); applicants who previously applied are advised to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Financial Management Division: Chief Directorate Fin SANDF, Budget Management Office Joint Operations Division: Finance Management Office
SALARY : R152 862 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE : J TAC HQ Limpopo, Polokwane, Ref No: CFO 18/6/1A J TAC HQ Kwazulu Natal, Bluff Durban, Ref No: CFO 18/6/1B J TAC HQ North West, Mahikeng, Ref No: CFO/18/6/1C
- Grade 12 certificate with finance or Accounting related subjects.
- Ability of understanding, interpreting and correctly applying financial, budgetary, procurement and accounting policy and prescripts.
- Basic knowledge of the preparation of budgets, accounting process, office administration procedures, general financial management practices and supply chain management process.
- Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of mainframe Financial Management System (FMS) or any other Private Sectors financial systems would serve as a recommendation.
- Knowledge of Public finance Management Act 11 (PFMA), Treasury Regulations (TR) and procurement prescripts.
- Well- developed, reasoning, organizing, problem solving, facilitating report writing and accounting skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Honesty, integrity, hardworking, ethical intuitive thinking, decisive, perceptive, positive, creative, good team worker.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate and liaise with clients and senior officials.
- Permanent RSA citizen with no criminal record.
- Being in the possession of a valid RSA Vehicle driver’s license or military driver’s license will be recommended.
- Added advantage: Post matric qualification in Finance or a minimum of one year relevant experience.
FINANCE CLERK, REF NO: CFO 18/6/2
This is a re-advertisement (PSVC 36 of 2017); applicants who previously applied are advised to re-apply as their previous applications will not be considered.
Financial Management Division: Chief Directorate Accounting Directorate: Personnel Payments (Final Payment)
SALARY : R152 862 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE : Pretoria
- Grade 12 certificate with Finance and/or Accounting related subjects.
- Knowledge of the calculation and processing of salaries and allowances, final payments when persons exit their work, registration of file and documents, data capturing on financial and salary systems will be an advantage.
- Sound reasoning, mathematical and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Computer system as well as MS Word, Excel and MS Power Point will be a strong recommendation.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Very conscientious and motivated towards producing effective and correct work and aiming for zero defects environment.
- Ability to effectively function as part of a team, receptive to work related suggestions/ideas, decisive/persevering in regard to task finalization and able to effectively function under pressure.
- Added advantage: Post matric qualification in Finance or minimum of one year relevant experience
Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X137, Pretoria 0001 or applications may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception. (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
NOTE : The advertisement(s) contained herein is/are meant for the attention/perusal of all interested job seekers, whether they are serving employees/officials of the DOD/Public Service, unemployed persons or persons employed outside the Public Service.
Persons not employed by the DOD/Public Service are encouraged to apply for the vacancies advertised in this circular.
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM (obtainable from any Public Service department), which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience) and clear certified copies of original educational qualification certificates, ID document and Driver’s license (where applicable).
Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified.
Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect of each post being applied for. If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application it must be done in writing.
Should an application be received where an applicant applies for more than one post on the same applications form, the application will only be considered for the first post indicated on the application and not for any of the other posts.
Under no circumstances will photostat copies or faxed copies of application documents be accepted.
The successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record-, citizenship- & financial/asset record checks and qualification and employment verification).
Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes.
Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details. Successful candidates will be appointed on probation for the period of twelve (12) months ito the prescribed rules.