Western Cape Department of Health seeks to employ qualifying candidates in various departments.
Department of Health Current Vacancies
ARTISAN PRODUCTION GRADE A TO C (PLUMBING)
Chief Directorate: General Specialist and Emergency Services
SALARY : Grade A: R167 778 per annum Grade B: R197 631 per annum Grade C: R230 721 per annum
CENTRE : New Somerset Hospital
- Minimum educational qualification: Appropriate Trade Test Certificate in Plumbing.
- Experience: Grade A: No experience required.
- Grade B: At least 18 years appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
- Grade C: At least 34 years appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
- Inherent requirements of the job: Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Perform standby duties.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Conversant with the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
West Coast District
SALARY : R152 862 per annum
CENTRE : Vredendal Hospital
- Minimum educational qualification: Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with Mathematics and/or Accountancy as a passed subject and/or Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with experience/competencies that focuses on the Key Performance Areas (KRA’s) of the post.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in LOGIS and the Integrated Procurement Solution IPS/Tradeworld.
- Appropriate experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Inherent requirement of the job: Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Applied knowledge of the Accounting Officer’s System and SCM Delegations of the Department.
- Applied knowledge of Western Cape Supplier Database.
- Computer literacy (Windows/Word/Excel and Outlook).
- Good written and verbal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
SALARY : R107 886 per annum
CENTRE : Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- Minimum requirement: Basic reading, writing and numerical skills (equivalent of grade 10).
- Certificate and/ or relevant training, e.g. pattern making, sewing, dress making, etc.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in pattern making, garment construction and alterations using both industrial and domestic sewing and overlocking machines.
- Extensive experience in designing, sewing of various specialised garments, assistive devices, wheelchair accessories and other required items.
- Inherent requirement of the job: Willingness to work with patients under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Technician.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Advance sewing skills.
- Ability to take measurements and do calculations to construct garment patterns.
- Knowledge of and operating different sewing machines (sewing and over-locker machines), both industrial and basic; manage trouble-shooting and do basic maintenance of machines.
- Pattern and garment making; ability to fabricate or construct assistive devices with guidance of the Occupational Therapist.
- Maintain good quality control and standards of garments or items produced.
- Ability to function within a team, maintain good interpersonal skills and work under pressure.
- Creativity and ability to use initiative.
- Ability to communicate fluently in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
GENERAL WORKER (ENVIRONMENTAL AND MEDICAL WASTE)
SALARY : R83 766 per annum
CENTRE : Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- Minimum requirement: Basic numeracy and literacy. I
- nherent requirements of the job: Willingness to work weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to handle heavy 62 objects/boxes.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work under pressure and irregular hours as required.
NOTE : It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL VACANCIES IN WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Opportunity Closing Date:
(Visited 724 times, 1 visits today)