Home » Posts tagged 'Learnerships'
Tag Archives: Learnerships
Closing Date: 01 May 2018
Location: Durban, Johannesburg
AECI Limited would like to appoint 35 unemployed Learners to train in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in the Gauteng area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake Plant Operator experiential training with a Chemical Plant environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science / Chemical Engineering S4.
- South African youth.
- Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Communication skills.
- Team Work.
- Attention to detail.
How To Apply
- Apply Online for the AECI Chemical Operations Learnership Programme in Gauteng
- Apply Online for the AECI Chemical Operations Learnership Programme in KZN
South32 is offering mineral process learnership opportunities in Hotazel, Northern Cape. The purpose of the role is to provide training and development opportunity to achieve the National Certificate Mineral Process Level 2.
South32 is a resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference, from the ground up. The roots of South32 are in the Southern Hemisphere, with a head office in Perth and regional hubs in Perth and Johannesburg.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics;
- Valdi Driver’s License will be advantageous;
- This training and development opportunity is available to people currently residing in the John Taolo Gaetsewe municipality and proof of residence is required;
- In making the final decision consideration will be given in achieving the South32 Employment Objectives.
- Successfully complete the learnership program;
- Obtain National Certificate Mineral Process Level 2;
- Demonstrate commitment to South32 Values and Care Strategy;
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Mine Safety requirements.
How to apply
Applications close on 04 May 2018. Click here to apply online
Closing Date: 13 April 2018
Ref No: E 03 / 01
Stipend: R2500 pm
Location: Mangaung Municipality
Employees, who wish to be considered for a post, must post / e-mail/ submit their applications with complete details and comprehensive CV’ directly to the address indicated against the particular post.
Applicants must please indicate their employee number on their CV, Applicant may also call on the relevant telephone number as provided for more Information.
We would like to stress that the posts advertised in this bulletin must be made available only to employees of Mangaung Metro Municipality except where Il Is indicated otherwise.
AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL DISQUALIFY AN APPLICANT
Certified copies of highest educational qualifications must accompany applications.
Please note: No applications will be considered If he abovementioned documents are not attached Pleas note that If you do not receive any correspondence from this organisation, regarding your application, within 30 days after the closing date of this advertisement, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Application forms are also available during working hours from libraries in the Mangaung Metro municipal area.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CVSIAPPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Grade 12 plus valid code B (Manual) drivers license
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age and have no criminal record.
- Applicants must submit himself t herself to a medical examination as well as a physical arid mental assessment.
- All trainees will be subjected to a pre-screening background check by SSA
- Preference will be given to people, from Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality (Bloemlontein, Thaba’Nchu, Botshabilo Soutpan, Dewetsdorp, Wepener end Vanstadenarus)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Communicating with the control room and attend to traffic bottlenecks caused through accidents breakdown of peak hour congestion;
- Use hand signals to communicate with drivers and pedestrians directing diverting stopping and controlling the flow;
- Interact with control room for specific services to remote obstacles or contain specific deast.rs to facilitate traffic offenses,
- Communicate with the offender and / or interact with the control room or SAPS to facilitate arrest for more serious offences.
- Acting on distress calls or Information related to crime in progress communicating with the control room to establish location and details and executing specific policing sequences on the scene;
- Participate in routine checks and selling up and operating speed timing devices and stopping vehicles and conducting Inspection of drivers licenses vehicles registration and roadworthiness requirenments and / or attending to specific infringement of road safety rules;
- Attending to the documentation and notifications procedures, serving of summons compliance orders, executing warrants of arrests and preparing statements;
- Completing and submit case files to facilitate prosecution and attending and defending specific actions in the court of law.
- Recording the statements of witnesses and offenders and / or competing details of traffic offences / contraventions prior to issuing the fines
- Updating the occurrence book inserting details of incidents and activities attended to;
- Completing procedural documentation Inserting appropriate details;
- Executing laid down procedures to test and determine the functionality of equipment / vehicles and reporting defects to the immediate superior for attention.
- Proficiency in al least two (2) official Languages of service of MMM;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Good sense of detail
How To Apply
SUBMIT APPLICATIION FORM / CV TO:
GM: Human Resource Management
PO Box 3704
Telephonic Enquiries : 051 —4058517
OR c-mail: email@example.com
OR submit to the following libraries during office hours:
- Adelaide Tambo Public Library
- Mangaung Library
- Fichardtpark Library
- Trevor Barlow Library
- BP Leinaeng Library
- Bainsvlei Library
- Botshabelo Library
- Thaba Nchu Regional 0ff Ice
- Ikgomotseng Municipal Office
- Morojaneng Library
- Dewetsdorp Library
- Wepener Library
- Thapelong Library (Van Sladensrus)
(Applicants who previously applied should re-apply.)
Givaudan a Food Technologist learnership/apprenticeship opportunity in Johannesburg South for recently matriculated candidates. The compant seeks a Food Technologist Learner for their Snack and Savoury Laboratory at the Tulisa Park office . The primary focus of this position is to provide assistance and support to Snacks & MFS creators in the realisation of their tasks.
It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this exciting role you will:
- Compound: You will compound flavour formulas. You will carry out powder blending and other flavour processes to make flavours. You will apply flavours to snack and food applications. You will contribute by food tasting.
- Control of raw material: You will produce prototype samples for projects. You will receive and control raw materials in the lab. You will organise and renew the stock samples. You will record data using company software. You will support the smooth running of the lab.
- Health and Safety: You will work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment.
- Learning: You will be required to attend Chemical Operations classes as set out by the Learnership table and submit workplace portfolios.
Givaudan is the global leader in the fragrance and flavour industry, offering its products to global, regional and local food, beverage, consumer goods and fragrance companies.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
- Matric with mathematics as subject
- Ability to compound and work with precision
- Basic knowledge in chemistry
- Good sensory skills
- Computer literate
- Adequate spoken and written English
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable
How to apply
Closing Date: 31st March 2018
Duration: 12 months.
Stipend for Graduate interns: R10 000 per month
Stipend for Learnerships: R3 000 per month
Candidates will be exposed to a professional practice environment, with application of actuarial and other techniques in solving a variety of business problems for clients of the company.
Learnership candidates will be expected to register for a recognised SAQA qualification in financial services for the duration of the learnership.
Internship candidates will be expected to learn further concepts and applications in an actuarial environment through an internal training program.
In addition, the candidate will be exposed to the management of business processes within the business, thus making them rounded practitioners in the industry.
Candidates must be South African citizens from a previously disadvantaged back ground. Learnership candidates must have recently completed matric with at least a 55% pass in Mathematics or 65% in Maths Literacy, and at least 55% pass in English.
Internship candidates must have completed a SAQA recognised diploma or a university degree from a South African university, with a minimum of 60% in first year university mathematics or statistics courses to their credit.
All candidates must be able to communicate well, primarily in English. The skill to use the MS Office suite of applications: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint will be an advantage. The will and ability to learn are critical traits of the candidate we are seeking.
How To Apply
Contact Sandile or Rozana at +27 11 943 2317 or +27 11 943 6035, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org