Home » Posts tagged 'Teacher Training'
Tag Archives: Teacher Training
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER?
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College.
Successful candidates will be appointed from January 2019.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Languages (across the phases); and ECD/ Foundation Phase
- Students already registered in one of the above courses
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and/or Science.
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance. (Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but don’t need financial assistance may also apply).
Benefits you will receive:
- Mentoring by an experienced educator.
- Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an independent school environment.
- In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs analysis:
- Payment of tuition fees and a textbook allowance.
- Daily meal allowance during term time.
- Professional development allowance.
- A monthly stipend.
- Please note that accommodation and transport subsidies are not offered as part of this programme.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the following link:
Closing date for Applications: 31 May 2018.