Home » Posts tagged 'Trainee'
Tag Archives: Trainee
MISA Traineeship Programme
Closing Date: 22 September 2018 @ 16H00
REF N0: INTERN 02 / 2018
MISA hereby offers opportunities for internship programmes aimed at increasing the national pool of professional engineers, technologists, technicians and town planners towards enhancing municipal technical capacities. The opportunities are as detailed be low and shall commence from 2018 / 19 financial year to the required periods as per the relevant discipline. Successful Candidates will be placed in identified municipalities, depending on the capacity needs of both the municipalities and the candidates.
(This programme offers opportunities to learners who require between 12 – 24 months of practical work experience in order to complete their study programme as per the academic requirements in the foll owing areas / disciplines): Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Management, Town and Regional Planning, Project and Construction Management
MISA is offering 1 – 2 year internship opportunities towards completion of studies in the above-mentioned technical disciplines. Whilst the programme is not exclusively limited to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities, MISA strives for excellence in the context of addressing service delivery and skills development backlogs and encourages historically disadvantaged individuals to apply. The MISA Experiential Learners Programme is a work – based internship development programme focused on taking learners from various Universities, Technikons and TVETs in order to gain requisite work experience towards completing their studies.
The recruitment cohort for the 2018 / 2019 financial year is exclusively aimed at the above mentioned areas only. Successful candidates will enter into an agreement with MISA and be deployed to technical divisions in municipalities.
The following 55 priority municipalities will be participating in this recruitment, learners from within these municipal areas are strongly recommended to apply:
- Abaqulusi (Town Planning Civil Engineering)
- Jozini (Town Planning Civil Engineering)
- Umzinyathi (Civil Engineering)
- UMgungundlovu (Civil Engineering)
- UMsunduzi (Town Planning, Electrical Engineering)
- Umvoti (Town Planning, Civil Engineering)
- Nkosazana Dlamini – Zuma (Town Planning Civil Engineering)
- Mpofana (Civil Engineering)
FREE STATE PROVINCE
- Maluti A Phofong (Town Planning, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Project Management)
EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE
- Port St John (Project Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Matatiele (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
WESTERN CAPE PROVINCE
- Kannaland (Town Planning Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Lainsburg (Town Planning Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Beaufort West (Civil Engineering, Project Management)
- Cederberg (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Sekhukhune (Civil Engineering)
- Molemole (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Mopani (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Musina (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Thabazimbi (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
Applicants must be willing to be placed at a chosen municipality until the specified period. MISA do es not guarantee employment to graduates owing to participation in the programme.
Requirements: Applicants must be unemployed willing and available for a minimum of 12 to 24 months graduation workplace experience deployment with in a host municipality. Applicants must be South African citizens.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted on the MISA application form, accompanied by a covering letter, a comprehensive CV and certified copies of Identity document, and qualifications . Alternatively, the application form can be requested via email at : email@example.com
Applications without the above will not be considered . MISA reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from MISA in 90 days after the closing date, it must be presumed that your application was unsuccessful. Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to successful candidates only.
1. Candidate will be subjected to suitability checks including qualifications , employment, credit, criminal records, company ownership / directorship and reference checks
2. Fax, post and hand delivered applications will not be accepted
3. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
4. Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately be disqualified
5. Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant All applications need to include the following :
- Release letter for learner exposure from the institution
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of the identity document
- Proof of Residential address
ALL APPLICATIONS WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTATIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO THE FOLLOWING AD D RESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Ms Nobuhle Latha ( 012) 848 55 29 or Ms Thulisile Mosoeu (012) 848 55 62
No late applications will be accepted.
Find More Traineeship Programme Here
PSG Graduates Traineeship Programme
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Location: Cape Town
Our PSG Graduate programme aims to create a pipeline of young talent within the financial services industry The programme offers graduates an opportunity to gain on-the-job practical workplace experience while providing on-going support and training
What is in it for you?
- A 12 month graduate opportunity
- Continuous coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training
- Work exposure within the financial services industry
- Be South African Citizens
- Average of 65% and above
- Ambitious & looking to advance in their career within the financial services industry
- Energetic and solution focused
- Team orientated
- Work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
How To Apply
|Finance Grad / Intern
|Investment Management Grad / Intern
|Information Technology Grad / Intern
|Actuarial Science Grad / Intern
|Engineering Grad / Intern
|Mathematics Grad / Intern
Graduates Trainee Programme City of Cape Town The City is looking for smart and motivated engineering graduates
Graduates Trainee Programme City of Cape Town
Closing Date: 07 September 2018
The City is looking for smart and motivated engineering graduates who want to work in an exciting and challenging environment in 2019.
Engineering professionals within the City specialise in a variety of disciplines including electrical, water, civil, transport and chemical engineering.
City engineering teams:
- Have a high level of integrity
- Identify and resolve risks, and improve efficiency of services
- Have a high degree of responsibility
- Have a collaborative work style
- Enjoy a highly teamwork-oriented environment
- Are solution-oriented and outcome-driven
- Translate situations into sustainable solutions
As a new graduate you will be working in teams with highly skilled mentors and exposed to complex challenges and technologies. You will be required to apply your academic knowledge to functions, projects and processes and come up with innovative solutions which ultimately benefit all the citizens of Cape Town.
In order to qualify for the Graduate Engineering Programme, you must have completed or are currently completing a Bachelors or postgraduate degree in engineering.
Your qualification must be from a recognised university in South Africa and you must have the intention of qualifying as a professionally registered engineer.
How To Apply
Email your Curriculum Vitae (CV), a covering letter, certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts to:
Candidates for consideration will be contacted for interviews. If you have not been contacted by the City within three months of submission of your application, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Transnet CA Traineeship Programme The trainees will be rotated to the head office and several of its business units
Transnet CA Traineeship Programme
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
The CAT Programme at Transnet is a three year learner ship programme for candidates who have a Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA) / B Compt Hons or equivalent.
The stringent requirements of SAICA demand that trainees receive extensive training in Financial Management, Management Decision-Making, Financial Accounting, Internal Audit & Corporate Governance, Auditing & Assurance and Taxation. This also includes the professional skills like interpersonal & communication skills, intellectual skills, personal skills, and organizational & management skills.
In Transnet, the trainees will be rotated to the head office and several of its business units, e.g. Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Pipelines, Transnet Freight Rail, etc. The rotation will be tailored to meet the needs of the trainee and the respective business unit, with the trainee spending at least one-third of the practical training in one business.
Our SAICA Elective Skills
Our Selection Criteria
The minimum entry requirement is the Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA) and each applicant must also demonstrate:
- Consistent progress in their accountancy studies,
- Strong verbal communication skills, and
- Analytical ability
- Training Support
- Transnet will offer its trainees industry level support to ensure their success in the programme. The training programme will provide for:
- Study leave for the board exams;
- Supplementary courses;
- General business management training;
- Exam technique courses, revision courses for the board exams;
Trainees are assigned mentors from the CA’s within the Transnet Group. These mentors have volunteered their time, passion and dedication to the success of the programme and the trainee accountants. They provide leadership, empowerment, guidance and advice to trainee accountants on their career path.
Supervisors are the line managers who ensure that training takes place. They are responsible for the day to day training, workstation, timesheet and leave authorization, and attendance of assessment meetings. They also provide career guidance to trainees.
The Transnet Chartered Accountants Training Programme is cultivating a generation of highly competent and confident accountants who are ready to tackle any challenge. Meet some of the programme’s star performers.
How To Apply
If you are a go-getter, willing to be deployed to the Transnet Divisions within South Africa and work with dynamic managers, please e-mail your updated CV and certified copies of:
- Identity Document
- Grade 12 certificate
- University transcript
- Degree and proof of final year
- or one year CTA programme registration to email@example.com
IBM Intern Trainee Graduates Programme IBM Digital Nation Africa (D-NA) offers a cloud based learning and enablement platform
About Digital-Nation Africa (D-NA)
IBM Digital Nation Africa (D-NA) offers a cloud based learning and enablement platform, providing digital competency and nurturing innovation in Africa. The program will enable African youth to ride the digital wave. The initiative aims to provide free learning and enablement
Our curriculum is designed for the following audiences:
People with basic digital literacy keen on learning the new emerging technologies
Designed to help accelerate innovation and enable would-be innovators to bring their ideas to life
For those who want to align their skills to the requirements of the job market and seek better employment opportunities
What will you do:
Digital Nation Africa (D-NA) Interns will be required to promote D-NA within youth in South Africa including youth in Universities, communities, colleges and schools.
These interns will also be required to register youth to D-NA to meet the 200 000 required for South Africa by end of 2018.
The interns will be required to present D-NA to large number of audiences with ease and confidence, be enthusiastic and a hard worker. They will be required to use any avenue and opportunities at their disposal or provided to them to register youth to D-NA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical Bachelor’s or Master degree (Mathematics, Computer science, Information Technology, Engineering)
- Own Car and driver’s license
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.