Home » Posts tagged 'Trainee'
Tag Archives: Trainee
Send Applications for Transnet Traineeships
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
The CAT Programme at Transnet is a three year learner ship programme for candidates who have a Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA) / B Compt Hons or equivalent.
The stringent requirements of SAICA demand that trainees receive extensive training in Financial Management, Management Decision-Making, Financial Accounting, Internal Audit & Corporate Governance, Auditing & Assurance and Taxation. This also includes the professional skills like interpersonal & communication skills, intellectual skills, personal skills, and organizational & management skills.
In Transnet, the trainees will be rotated to the head office and several of its business units, e.g. Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Pipelines, Transnet Freight Rail, etc. The rotation will be tailored to meet the needs of the trainee and the respective business unit, with the trainee spending at least one-third of the practical training in one business.
Our SAICA Elective Skills
Our Selection Criteria
The minimum entry requirement is the Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA) and each applicant must also demonstrate:
- Consistent progress in their accountancy studies,
- Strong verbal communication skills, and
- Analytical ability
- Training Support
- Transnet will offer its trainees industry level support to ensure their success in the programme. The training programme will provide for:
- Study leave for the board exams;
- Supplementary courses;
- General business management training;
- Exam technique courses, revision courses for the board exams;
Trainees are assigned mentors from the CA’s within the Transnet Group. These mentors have volunteered their time, passion and dedication to the success of the programme and the trainee accountants. They provide leadership, empowerment, guidance and advice to trainee accountants on their career path.
Supervisors are the line managers who ensure that training takes place. They are responsible for the day to day training, workstation, timesheet and leave authorization, and attendance of assessment meetings. They also provide career guidance to trainees.
The Transnet Chartered Accountants Training Programme is cultivating a generation of highly competent and confident accountants who are ready to tackle any challenge. Meet some of the programme’s star performers.
How To Apply
If you are a go-getter, willing to be deployed to the Transnet Divisions within South Africa and work with dynamic managers, please e-mail your updated CV and certified copies of:
- Identity Document
- Grade 12 certificate
- University transcript
- Degree and proof of final year
- or one year CTA programme registration to email@example.com
Key Performance Areas
- Assist in achieving financial KPAs
- Driving revenue as measured by demand and net sales
- Managing category margin
- Maximizing the conversion of demand to net sales
- Managing category stock efficiency
- Managing stock availability
Assist in Merchandise financial planning
- Developing a balanced range & react to trade to rebalance the range
- Managing inventory so as to achieve targeted stock efficiencies
- Managing forward buy levels in accordance with OTB
- Managing the inflow of stock so as to achieve stock availability targets
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Tertiary Commercial / Retail Qualification, preferably University Degree
Experience & Skills
- Computer literate with Excel (Advance), MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Work Level: Skilled
Salary: Market Related
EE Position: Yes
Location: Southern Suburbs (Cape)
Department of Enery Traineeships R3000 Per Month
CLOSING DATE: 13 JULY 2018
Stipend: Minimum stipend of R3 000.00 for twelve months
Requirements: A Matric (Grade 12) qualification as specified below:
- Chemical Engineering: HRD 06
- Information Technology: HRD 07
- Human Resources Management: HRD 08
- Public Administration / Public Management: HRD 09
- Applicants must be: South African citizens, studying at an accredited Educational Institution in the above mentioned field of study, be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department of Energy and should not have any experiential learning.
- Applicants must complete Z83 form, attach a motivational letter from institution requesting experiential learning, comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of matric certificate / latest matric results, Identity Document, and recent academic records.
Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles PLUS the following key competencies: Skills Report writing, Communication Verbal and written Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English) Creativity: Innovative, Articulate, Good listener, Ability to work in a team, Ability to work under pressure, open-minded. Must have the ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
The Department of Energy is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: • Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years • Candidates who have already participated in an Internship / Learnership / WIL programmes in any Government department will NOT be considered • Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of all qualifications and identity document • Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified • Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of Z83 form • Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application not being considered • Applications received after the closing date will not be considered • Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification • Successful candidates will be appointed on a Learnership / WIL Programme for a period of 12 months • Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 3 months from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful • Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of Ms L. Modiba / Mr M.S. Ramogayana by post to: The Director-General Department of Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Energy, 192 Cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger, Pretoria.
Please direct all enquiries to: Ms L. Modiba / Mr M.S. Ramogayana, Tel. (012) 406 7607 / 7406.
All applications must be sent to the address provided above and not to the specific region(s).
Hatch Graduate Programme Johannesburg
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
The Hatch Graduate Programme is a global Hatch initiative aimed at engineering excellence. It has been developed to facilitate the management of professional career development over the initial years. Aligned with (ECSA) Engineering Council of South Africa, our Professional Development Program provides a flexible framework in which to achieve Professional Registration (PrEng) status and consequently to meet both personal and professional goals.
Hatch is seeking Graduates who are interested in developing an Engineering Career in the consulting field who enjoy working in a dynamic environment. The Graduate positions will be located in our Hatch offices throughout South Africa.
What we can offer?
- Challenging career with countless opportunities in the infrastructure sector
- The opportunity to receive excellent mentorship from industry experts
- An exciting work environment involved in constantly evolving industry
- Flexible framework to achieve Professional Accreditation with ECSA (PrEng)
- Continuous learning and development opportunities via the Hatch Corporate Learning Centre
- PDP (Professional Development Program) support structure
- Global exposure with a wide variety of work around the world
- Networking events and activities
- Civil & Structural
- Electrical and Electronics (Systems and Process Control)
- Construction Management
- Quantity Surveying
We are seeking applicants with:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline with a strong academic record
- Minimum commulative weighted average percentage marks of 65%
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to think laterally and innovatively
- Flexibility to travel and work in locations within South Africa and Internationally
- A passion and drive to make a real difference
To be considered for a position, we require:
- CV (be sure to include your transferrable skills and extra-curricular activities)
- Cover letter (personalise this to outline your interests and why you want to work for Hatch)
- Current weighted GPA – Mandatory
- Recent copy of your academic transcripts – Mandatory
- Copy of South African Identity Document – Mandatory
- Completion of our online graduate application questionnaire
Please ensure you fill in all fields and provide as much information as possible to ensure your application is given due consideration
Applications close 31 August 2018.
Note: New graduate positions will be available throughout South Africa and are not restricted to the Greenstone Office.
How To Apply
- English 45%
- Mathematics 45% (not Mathematics Literacy)
- Physical Science 45% or N3 Engineering Science 45%
Willingness and ability to complete Training Programme
ArcelorMittal South Africa is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
About Arcelomittal Careers