Home » Posts tagged 'traineeships'
Tag Archives: traineeships
Finance Management Internships
Closing Date: 21 August 2018
Location: East London
Remuneration: R 100 000 per annum
Ref .No: 1118 (NTI)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified external applicants to fill the following posts:
FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERNS x3 (3 yr programme)
- M + 3 Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce majoring in Accounting, Risk Management and Auding, Cost Accounting or Supply Chain Management amongst other andlor B Tech in Supply Chain Management
Key Performance Areas:
- Revenue Management
- Budget Management
- Treasury functions
- Annual Financial Statements
- Expenditure Management
- Supply Chain Management
For further enquiries regarding the above post kindly contact Bethwell Tilimeni on 043 -705 2739
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM
Candidates who are suitably qualified as per the minimum requirements for the post set out in the advertisement are to submit a copy of their curriculum vitae together with a covering letter, along with the relevant required documentation for a specific post. (i.e. certifie d copies of certificates not copies of certified copies, diplomas, degrees, Identity Document and drivers’ licenses, where applicable). Non – submission of the required supporting documentation may disqualify a candidate. Candidates are advised that the obli gation rests upon them to demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements specified for the post. Any candidate who does not meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified.
Fraudulent qualifications or any information submitted and th e canvassing of councilors or officials will disqualify any candidates with immediate effect. Candidates are cautioned that documentation and information provided is checked with relevant authorities and fraudulent submissions may also lead to criminal ch arges being laid against persons involved in submission thereof.
Candidates will be required to undergo a defensive driving or physical/practical test where applicable.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality reserves the right not to fill any or all of the positions advertise d at the sole discretion of Council.
How To Apply
Applications can be hand delivered to theHuman Resources Department, Buxton House, Buxton Street or posted to the Directorate of Corporate Services, PO Box 134, EAST LONDON, 5200.
NOTE: The Buffalo City Metropolitan Council is committed to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act (Act No. 55 of 1998) for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons. Should candidates not be notified of the outcome of their applications within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date, they may regard themselves as having been unsuccessful. Benefits include subsidized pension, 13 the cheque, medical aid and group life assurance schemes, generous leave privileges, housing subsidy and assistance towards removal expenses subject to certain conditions.
Traineeship Programme in Johannesburg AB inBev
Apply for the AB inBev Traineeships
About the programme:
- 2 -3 weeks of induction training on the company’s culture, strategy and structure, In this phase, you will get exposure to our CEO, Global Chiefs and the Zone Management Team, and you will meet with all GMTs from around the world
- 4 months of hands on, in-field training (deep dives) in our sales, marketing, supply and logistics operations, as well as our Business Shared Services across various locations in your Zone. You will develop an understanding of the “real life” of the business by shadowing people who perform the job, from all levels. You will be part of a small group of 3-5 GMTs during this phase
- 3 weeks of training on the Headquarter Strategy for the Zone (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Affairs, People, Logistics & Supply) at the Zone Headquarters, as well as leadership training.
- 5 months Individual Assignment leading a process improvement project in the operations (sales, supply, trade marketing, marketing or logistics). You will receive clear deliverables and will be given feedback on your performance.
- 1 graduation week with official certification. You will also present your Innovation project during this week.
- Exposure to senior leaders throughout the training period.
Upon successful completion of the 10 month rotational program, you will take on an entry-level management position in any function depending on your profile, interest and results (e.g. sales supervisor, finance analyst, line supervisor, distribution manager, assistant trade marketing manager etc) You will also receive a mentor from the executive team when you start in your first position.
After 12-18 months, if you perform well, we expect you to be ready to take on your next challenge in a more senior management role in any functional area.
You own your future, and the speed of your career growth will depend on your talent, efforts and results.
- Current University student or recent university graduate
- Bachelors degree required.
- Work authorization in the country for which application is being submitted
- Geographical mobility – you will move to different locations during the 10-month training program, and you should be willing to relocate throughout your career
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in cross functional experiences
- Ambitious and self-driven
- Resilient and comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to effectively manage several projects at once
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Influential and collaborative
- Insightful, curious and innovative
How To Apply
With FNB, you can be part of a company that offers you a career, not just a job. With a wide range of employment options and business areas to choose from, you are bound to find a perfect fit. We share accountability with our employees and provide you with the best possible opportunities to learn and grow.
We are breaking new ground with our innovative thinking and challenging our employees to think differently and develop into the thought leaders of the future. The foundation of our success is in our entrepreneurial culture and the belief that our people are our single most important resource. If you share our values of being: Helpful Effective Ethical Innovative Accountable and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
This trainee role is a developmental pipeline for key roles in business units.
Students currently completing their final year of university degrees in:
- Commerce (Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Economics etc)
- Actuarial Science
- Industrial Psychology
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- This is not an exhaustive list of degrees
Only South African citizens need apply.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Provision of an efficient execution of role responsibilities through careful and timeous planning, reporting and updating of all related information in the relevant role of learning
- Participate in the innovation process in the business and contribute toward new innovations against objectives
- Participation in knowledge sharing and projects to maximise skills required for the role and relevant career exploration by executing all activities required to be efficient and successful
- Manage graduate development plan by completion of training assignments
- Manage graduate development plan to increase own competencies and skills by attendance of training
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Live the values of the business through demonstrating and displaying of the values required in the business
How to Apply
All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
Closing: 3 August 2018
Send Applications for Transnet Traineeships
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
The CAT Programme at Transnet is a three year learner ship programme for candidates who have a Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA) / B Compt Hons or equivalent.
The stringent requirements of SAICA demand that trainees receive extensive training in Financial Management, Management Decision-Making, Financial Accounting, Internal Audit & Corporate Governance, Auditing & Assurance and Taxation. This also includes the professional skills like interpersonal & communication skills, intellectual skills, personal skills, and organizational & management skills.
In Transnet, the trainees will be rotated to the head office and several of its business units, e.g. Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Pipelines, Transnet Freight Rail, etc. The rotation will be tailored to meet the needs of the trainee and the respective business unit, with the trainee spending at least one-third of the practical training in one business.
Our SAICA Elective Skills
Our Selection Criteria
The minimum entry requirement is the Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA) and each applicant must also demonstrate:
- Consistent progress in their accountancy studies,
- Strong verbal communication skills, and
- Analytical ability
- Training Support
- Transnet will offer its trainees industry level support to ensure their success in the programme. The training programme will provide for:
- Study leave for the board exams;
- Supplementary courses;
- General business management training;
- Exam technique courses, revision courses for the board exams;
Trainees are assigned mentors from the CA’s within the Transnet Group. These mentors have volunteered their time, passion and dedication to the success of the programme and the trainee accountants. They provide leadership, empowerment, guidance and advice to trainee accountants on their career path.
Supervisors are the line managers who ensure that training takes place. They are responsible for the day to day training, workstation, timesheet and leave authorization, and attendance of assessment meetings. They also provide career guidance to trainees.
The Transnet Chartered Accountants Training Programme is cultivating a generation of highly competent and confident accountants who are ready to tackle any challenge. Meet some of the programme’s star performers.
How To Apply
If you are a go-getter, willing to be deployed to the Transnet Divisions within South Africa and work with dynamic managers, please e-mail your updated CV and certified copies of:
- Identity Document
- Grade 12 certificate
- University transcript
- Degree and proof of final year
- or one year CTA programme registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Enery Traineeships R3000 Per Month
CLOSING DATE: 13 JULY 2018
Stipend: Minimum stipend of R3 000.00 for twelve months
Requirements: A Matric (Grade 12) qualification as specified below:
- Chemical Engineering: HRD 06
- Information Technology: HRD 07
- Human Resources Management: HRD 08
- Public Administration / Public Management: HRD 09
- Applicants must be: South African citizens, studying at an accredited Educational Institution in the above mentioned field of study, be prepared to enter into an agreement with the Department of Energy and should not have any experiential learning.
- Applicants must complete Z83 form, attach a motivational letter from institution requesting experiential learning, comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of matric certificate / latest matric results, Identity Document, and recent academic records.
Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles PLUS the following key competencies: Skills Report writing, Communication Verbal and written Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English) Creativity: Innovative, Articulate, Good listener, Ability to work in a team, Ability to work under pressure, open-minded. Must have the ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
The Department of Energy is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: • Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years • Candidates who have already participated in an Internship / Learnership / WIL programmes in any Government department will NOT be considered • Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of all qualifications and identity document • Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified • Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of Z83 form • Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application not being considered • Applications received after the closing date will not be considered • Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification • Successful candidates will be appointed on a Learnership / WIL Programme for a period of 12 months • Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 3 months from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful • Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of Ms L. Modiba / Mr M.S. Ramogayana by post to: The Director-General Department of Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Energy, 192 Cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger, Pretoria.
Please direct all enquiries to: Ms L. Modiba / Mr M.S. Ramogayana, Tel. (012) 406 7607 / 7406.
All applications must be sent to the address provided above and not to the specific region(s).