Traineeship Programme in Johannesburg AB inBev
Apply for the AB inBev Traineeships
About the programme:
- 2 -3 weeks of induction training on the company’s culture, strategy and structure, In this phase, you will get exposure to our CEO, Global Chiefs and the Zone Management Team, and you will meet with all GMTs from around the world
- 4 months of hands on, in-field training (deep dives) in our sales, marketing, supply and logistics operations, as well as our Business Shared Services across various locations in your Zone. You will develop an understanding of the “real life” of the business by shadowing people who perform the job, from all levels. You will be part of a small group of 3-5 GMTs during this phase
- 3 weeks of training on the Headquarter Strategy for the Zone (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Affairs, People, Logistics & Supply) at the Zone Headquarters, as well as leadership training.
- 5 months Individual Assignment leading a process improvement project in the operations (sales, supply, trade marketing, marketing or logistics). You will receive clear deliverables and will be given feedback on your performance.
- 1 graduation week with official certification. You will also present your Innovation project during this week.
- Exposure to senior leaders throughout the training period.
Upon successful completion of the 10 month rotational program, you will take on an entry-level management position in any function depending on your profile, interest and results (e.g. sales supervisor, finance analyst, line supervisor, distribution manager, assistant trade marketing manager etc) You will also receive a mentor from the executive team when you start in your first position.
After 12-18 months, if you perform well, we expect you to be ready to take on your next challenge in a more senior management role in any functional area.
You own your future, and the speed of your career growth will depend on your talent, efforts and results.
- Current University student or recent university graduate
- Bachelors degree required.
- Work authorization in the country for which application is being submitted
- Geographical mobility – you will move to different locations during the 10-month training program, and you should be willing to relocate throughout your career
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in cross functional experiences
- Ambitious and self-driven
- Resilient and comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to effectively manage several projects at once
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Influential and collaborative
- Insightful, curious and innovative
How To Apply
Apply Online for the AB InBev Traineeship Programme
(Visited 1,098 times, 1 visits today)
Arcelormittal Training Programme
Closing Date: 06 July 2018
Complete Grade 12 Certificate with the following minimum criteria:
- English 45%
- Mathematics 45% (not Mathematics Literacy)
- Physical Science 45% or N3 Engineering Science 45%
Willingness and ability to complete Training Programme
ArcelorMittal South Africa is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
About Arcelomittal Careers
ArcelorMittal South Africa is part of the ArcelorMittal Group, a truly global company and the world’s biggest steel manufacturer with 330 000 employees and offices in 60 countries. As part of the ArcelorMittal Group, ArcelorMittal South Africa has access to leading edge technology, research and development as well as global skills and leadership development programmes.
ArcelorMittal South Africa is Africa’s premier steel producing company, employing nearly 9500 people at its operations in Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal and in the Western Cape. By living the company values of Safety, Caring , Commitment and Customer-focus these people play a vital role in sustaining the company as the foremost steel company in Africa.
Our skilled workforce contributes immeasurably to the success that ArcelorMittal enjoys and as such a key strategic initiative for ArcelorMittal is the attraction, retention and development of our human capital.
As an employer we ensure that all staff actively contributes to the success and sustainability of our company in a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace.
How To Apply
Click Here to Apply Online
(Visited 1,470 times, 1 visits today)
YearBeyond 2018 Programme Send Applications
YearBeyond is calling on young people under 25 to give a year beyond their matric or tertiary studies to help expand the educational horizons of learners in township schools.
You’ll be providing English literacy and numeracy support to primary schools, and English, maths and homework support to high schools.
If you’re in Cape Town and can commit to a full-time programme running from February to November, we’d love to hear from you! What’s in it for you?
Apart from being a rewarding experience, we have a development programme for you that includes short courses at Stellenbosch University, skills development, networking events and facilitated growth sessions – all of which will look great on your CV and help set you up for success in the long run.
We’re looking for keen, compassionate matrics and recent graduates with great English and Maths marks to join the YearBeyond volunteer programme.
NOTE: YearBeyond offers a small travel stipend to remunerate volunteers for transport costs incurred through their participation in the programme.
Volunteers are NOT salaried employees and the stipend offered is not sufficient to support dependants.
Click Here to See full advertisement
Volunteers do not receive any benefits that salaried employees receive.
(Visited 949 times, 1 visits today)
Tour Guide Training North West Province
The programme will create opportunities for those who are interested in pursuing a career in tourist guides, and will address the skills gap in the sector.
The Department, will be sponsoring the following training programmes:
- Culture Site Guide, and Adventure Site Guide at NQF2 and NQF4.
Selection of candidates:
- Candidates will be required to submit a written motivation (not exceeding 1 page) along with a CV, certified copies of ID and qualifications.
- Candidates should atleast be in possession of a grade 12 certificate.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their motivations and information submitted.
- Failure to submit all required documents will result in your application being declined.
- The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2018 no later that 16:00.
- Learners will be required to finance their transportation cost to attend the training.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo an interview process.
- All successful candidates will be notified in writing.
- It is the intention of the Department to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Department through training opportunities.
The North West Department of Tourism will be arranging for tourist guides in the province during 2018. This initiative is for training of new entrants from all the four districts of the province.
If you have not been contacted within one (1) month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
All applications must be sent via email to Gabriel Dichabe on email@example.com or Ms Molebogeng Modibedi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunity Closing Date:
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Opportunity is closing in 32 days
(Visited 515 times, 1 visits today)
Transnet Train Assistant Positions
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
Location: Ermelo North
Reference Number: 50012172
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
The closing date is on 22.06.2018. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement. Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to BEAUTY.MAMAFHA@TRANSNET.NET. We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet.
Position Purpose: To assist the Train Driver in the movement of the train, shunt the train and to convey information to the client centre en route to enhance the safe, fast movement of commodities
Position outputs: PREPARED LOCOMOTIVE
- Obtain and place equipment on train (plus minus 15 kg)
- Check and supplement prescribed equipment i.e. pantograph hook stick (plus minus 5 kg), jumper cables (plus minus 10 kg) etc.
- Coupled locomotives (multiple set) through air and vacuum hoses, jumper cable and ensure correct functioning of automatic coupler between locomotives
- Despatch locomotives, operating hand operated points
- PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
- Attach and/or detach vehicles according to works order in absence of yard personnel (Equivalent of 45 kg)
- Mount telemeters (where necessary) i.e. mount (front unit = 5.17 kg) (rear unit = 8.06 kg)
- Remove and carry train indicators to last vehicle and mount (side and rear indicators) (plus minus 10 kg). Required to board vehicle to effect proper mounting
- Examining of train as prescribed
ASSISTANCE EN ROUTE
- Verbal exchange of signal positions
- Observe proceeding trains
- Patrol locomotives (walking through corridors of electric locomotives using extended foot plate and hand rails at speeds up to 40 km/h; walking on running board of diesel locomotives and stepping over to another locomotive at speeds up to 40 km/h; manual operating of circuit breakers while locomotive is in motion)
- Protect train during incidents, accidents etc.
- Be prepared to walk relatively long distances to check train loads (day and night)
- (Determine status of train, placing and securing of detonators on rail, displaying hand signals day and night, walking on uneven ground, ability to withstand natural elements)
- Assistance to Train Driver during emergencies (in event of Driver failure to bring train to standstill; walking long distances to report position, and requirements)
- Attach/detach trucks as per works-order (manual application of equipment; standing of vehicle walking alongside moving vehicles)
PREPARED COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Obtain radios/handsets/two way communication radios/telemeters when applicable (carrying of communication equipment and place on footplate or mount on vehicle)
- STABLED TRAIN/LOCOMOTIVE
- Assist the Train Driver by applying hand brake
- Secure as prescribed (applying hand brakes and placing of scotch blocks in front wheels)
- Store tools and equipment (remove kit-box from locomotive and store away)
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 with Maths
- At least 1,6 meters tall
- Visual acuity
- Physically able to lift and carry objects (be prepared to be subjected to assessment of physical abilities) Competencies:
- Applicants must have the potential and attributes necessary to be trained to efficiently and safely perform the tasks of a Train Assistant and to be trained as a Train Driver. Applicants must however possess the following:
- Psycho motor
- Depth perception
- Communication (reading, written and verbal)
- Safety conscious
- Environmental awareness
- Prepared to work overtime
- Prepared to work shifts NB: The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Transnet Train Assistant Opportunities June 2018
Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
(Visited 3,494 times, 1 visits today)