Transnet Diesel Electrical Fitter Apprenticeships
The Apprenticeship Contract is an employment contract with the purpose to provide young workers who have completed their compulsory schooling with general, theoretical and practical training with a view to obtaining a vocational qualification backed up by a Technical / artisan certificate (NQF level 5).
The Apprentice, Diesel Electrical Fitter focus on Diesel Locomotives
- Training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus based in Koedoespoort.
- NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment
- This is only a training opportunity.
- On successful completion of the training program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and trainees might be released to look for work in the market.
Qualifications & Experience :
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or Technical Matric including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory
- Safe working practices and principles
- Quality awareness
- Technical / Theoretical
- Business principles
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
- Technical knowledge / Background
- Safety procedures and equipment
- Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
- Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
- Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding results.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
- All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus.
- Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment.
- On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and you will be released to look for work in the market. This is only a training opportunity.
- If you have not been contacted within one month from the closing date of this advert, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: Please submit a cover letter indicating your choice of trade that is relevant to your subjects, your CV, certified copy of relevant qualification/s and certified copy of ID.