Transnet is looking to hire individuals to be trained over a period of plus-minus 24 months to become a Technical Worker.
Position Purpose: To be trained over a period of plus minus 24 months in Signalling functions including Train Working Rules in order to obtain the necessary skills to become a Technical Worker.
Operating Division: Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title: Trainee Technical Worker: Signals
Employee Group: Trainee
Department: Infrastructure Engineering
Location: Various Locations
Reporting To: Production Manager
Grade Level: SSTFT
Reference Number: 50013670
- Well maintained and installation of Signalling apparatus
- Replace broken Signalling parts
- Complete R.C.M. task sheets
- Manage staff
- Test equipment and parts
- Complete potential failure reports
- Complete vehicle reports
- Complete outputs and time allocation documents
- Perform maintenance on Signalling equipment
- Perform maintenance on batteries
- Comply with safe working procedures
- Grade 12 Certificate with Mathematics and Science.
- To pass all modules as per the Signal Technical Training programme
- Obtain drivers licence (Code B) during period of training, pre-requisite for consideration for appointment on completion of training.
- Free from claustrophobia (fear of confined places)
- Comply with depth perception criteria
- Free from acrophobia (fear of heights)
- Physically fit
- Sound hearing
- Comply with the visual acuity and colour perception test
- Functional knowledge of equipment
- Supervising people
- Read contents apart
- Report writing (general).
- Signal parts
- Practical (maintenance)
- Safety Act 85
- Performed maintenance and fault finding on power equipment
- Conflict handling
- Technical skills
- Replacement of Signal parts.
- Company image.
- People skills
- Maintenance of all Signalling apparatus being used
- Be in possession of a (Code B) driver’s licence and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle
- Attention to detail
- Safety orientation.
- Quality awareness
a) This is a Safety Related and/or Safety Critical job.
b) The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job
How to Apply
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
The closing date is on 15.02.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Richards Bay
- Vryheid East
- Piet Retief
- Pyramid South
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.