The OECD Internship Programme has been designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General. Its main goal is to give to successful candidates an opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills as well as the experience to work in a truly international environment.
These internships are open for full time students who:
- are enrolled in the field of economics or in another discipline related to the work of the OECD (social affairs, trade, agriculture, development, education, employment, environment, finance, fiscal affairs and statistics, amongst others);
- master English or French and have the capability of drafting in one of these languages; a knowledge of the other language would definitely be an advantage, as would knowledge of other languages used at the OECD;
- are capable of working in a team in a multicultural and international environment.
Possible areas involved – for full information on OECD areas of work click here
- Economics (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics)
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Development Co-operation
- Science, Technology and Industry
- Financial and Enterprise Affairs
- Employment, Labour and Social Affairs
- Trade and Agriculture
- Public Governance and Territorial Development
- Corporate operative services, such as Budget and Finance, Communications & PR, Information Technology, Human Resources among others
Up to six months. Please make sure your availability clearly appears in your cover letter. Full-time programme (40h per week).
Calendar – 2 rounds per Year
Can I apply?
In order to be able to apply for an internship at the OECD candidates must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time degree programme for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD (see the List of departments and special bodies for further details).
- Be proficient in English or French.
I do not have a citizenship of an OECD Member country. Can I still apply for an internship?
- Yes, you can. Unlike most regular OECD positions, internships are open to applicants from non-OECD Member countries.
How do I apply?
Applications should be made through the OECD career website. Internship vacancies are published twice a year under the following links:
Winter Programme (Internship starting between January and June)
Vacancy will be announced starting from September to October
Summer Programme (Internship starting between July and December)
Vacancy will be announced starting from February to March
Can I send my CV directly to the OECD?
All applications should be submitted online to the open internship vacancies published on the OECD career website CLICK HERE