Interested in a global engineering career with the largest steel manufacturer in the world? ArcelorMittal South Africa, Vanderbijipark Works would like to announce the following bursary opportunities: Training as artisans is provided in the following fields: Welder, Boilermaker, Fitter and Turner, Fitter, Millwright, Electrician, Instrumentation, Refractory Mason, Diesel Fitter, Rigger, Roll Turner.
ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading steel and mining company with 115 million tonnes of annual production capacity and 222.000 employees across 60 countries, The company is the leader in all major global steel manufacturing; including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with leading research and development and technology, as well as sizable captive supplies of raw material and distribution network.
Applicants must have been previously employed contributing to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).
- Be unemployed but have been previously employed, contributing to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) or
- Be unemployed, have never worked nor contributed to Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF)
Required qualifications are:
- A full Grade 11 qualification with English, Mathematics (not Maths Literacy), Physical/Engineering Science, relevant trade theory and an additional relevant technical subject – all passed or
- A full N2 certificate (Mathematics, Engineering Science, relevant trade theory and an additional relevant technical subject) (Evidence of English on at least Grade 11) – all passed or
- A full NCV Level 3 or a Technical Learnership NQF Level 3 with related technical subjects.
Previous recognised formal trade-related institution training will be an advantage. A contractual training agreement will apply. The bursary includes specified training costs, PPE, payment of institutional training, personal insurance as well as a bursary allowance. Permanent employment on completion of the trade is not guaranteed.
Free Online Courses
1.Diploma in Digital Marketing
2.Diploma in Nutrition
3.Diploma in Financial Trading and Investment
4.Diploma in Graphic Design
5.Diploma in Health and Fitness
6.Diploma in Web Development
7.Diploma in Weight Loss
8.Diploma in Photoshop
9.Diploma in Sports Nutrition
10.Diploma in App Development
11.Diploma in Photography
12.Written English for Emails and Online Communications
How to apply
Closing date is 28 February 2017. Click here to apply online. If you encounter any difficulties, you can also visit the ArcelorMittal Science Centre in Sebokeng. It’s located in between the Sedibeng District and Sedibeng College. Remember to take all your documents so they can assist you.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups
- The successful candidates will be subject to a medical examination.